4 replies to this topic

#1 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:48 AM

POPULAR

boomco continues to make some of my favorite things in this dart/ball/rocket/whatever shooting hobby. the plastic is fantastic, the engineering is solid, and the blasters are fun and interesting as well as fit adult sized hands (most of them at least). buy them, have fun with them. the darts themselves are hella weird and you should see them for yourself. Im sure this info is somewhere else but I wanted it to be on NH and easily searchable/added to the directory.

an aside: not all these photos are perfect, I have shaky hands and it makes using a phone camera an absolute nightmare

20160416_230358.jpg

20160416_230501.jpg

at a glance, nothing extremely special but also nothing disappointing. the screw heads on mine were pretty "loose" so I opted for a larger screwdriver wherever it would fit, also I'm not sure if the blue part that holds the pump in is supposed to be glued in or not, but mine wasnt and that was a good surprise.

the tank and overpressure valve

20160416_230601.jpg

the tank is interesting, its not a backpressure tank but a standard pin style valve. its screwed and sadly glued shut, but because the valve is at the bottom you might be able to just drill a hole in the top and add an expansion if you were so inclined. if you try it please post about it, Im super curious. that litle blue part with the two screws above it is the overpressure valve, not located in the pump like most others are; and its a curious one

20160416_230714.jpg

this is the overpressure valve laid out in sequence. I just realized that the blue part is flipped around, you can figure it out though since it only fits one way. I believe in you. because of this design if you found a higher rate spring and replaced it you would be able to tune your tank pressures while keeping the safety net of the overpressure valve. this is neat, I love this. if I find more springs that fit Im going to mess with this a bit. 

the turret

20160416_230948.jpg

I love this turret, its hardy and has a lot of resistance to being turned and has a nice lock on both the rotation mechanism and the shell itself to keep it in place. as you can see the screw that holds the rotation mech to the turret is real long and doesnt really want to be removed, have fun with that. 

20160416_231111.jpg

the rotation mech fits into the turret itself in a certain orientation, I did not realize this. learn from these mistakes and notice that one of the corners of the square is missing and match it up with the turret.

20160416_231309.jpg

removing the three center screws from the front of the turret will let you pull the backs off along with letting you detach the third lobe(?) of the turret that you popped in when you pulled it out of the box.

20160416_231341.jpg

the turret then breaks down into these three pieces, the middle part is a rubber grommet that seals it all together and I think seals against the darts as well? its neat. 

20160416_231417.jpg

20160416_231434.jpg

the base of the turret is again held together with screws and then glued together, which means you're in for some dremel fun if you want to rebarrel this and keep the turret functionality. you can see how the air comes in the back of the turret and is pushed through to the base of the dart pegs. 

20160416_231638.jpg

the turret locks into the shell at this point as well as the rotation mechanism itself. if you want to keep the turret function while rebarreling it, you will need to keep this part of the turrets at least if not the entire outer "cage" portion with just the ends cut out. remember that the individual turrets are held together with the screw down the front, not the ones in the back, so if you get rid of that portion you will have to glue the halves together. 

in the future I would like to experiment modding this and if I do it'll be added onto this topic. any questions will be happily answered. 

trans as shit because fuck you

#2 nine

nine

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:50 PM

How much shell work would it take to make this thing rear loading? It looks like there's a decent amount of space around the two non-firing turrets, but would you be able to load all four barrels easily from the back?

Everyone hates engineers because they listen to what you say and then think about it.

Check out my YouTube!

#3 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:01 PM

I'd say without massive putty work, you'd probably have to rotate the turret to rear load all four darts. To be able to load all four would probably leave a hole in your blaster.

#4 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 01:29 AM

How much shell work would it take to make this thing rear loading? It looks like there's a decent amount of space around the two non-firing turrets, but would you be able to load all four barrels easily from the back?

you cannot rear load this blaster unless you changed it to a single barrel per turret. the air comes in from a single hole in the back then goes through a little manifold system and comes out at the base of each dart peg. 

trans as shit because fuck you

#5 nine

nine

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:59 PM

you cannot rear load this blaster unless you changed it to a single barrel per turret. the air comes in from a single hole in the back then goes through a little manifold system and comes out at the base of each dart peg. 

Well that's no fun.  I guess it might have the potential to be the air power equivalent of the quadshot though.  I might have to pick one of these up if that's the case.

Everyone hates engineers because they listen to what you say and then think about it.

Check out my YouTube!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boomco, burst wave, burstwave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users