Photo

Blastzooka vs Big Blast?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Shin Ryoku

Shin Ryoku

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:52 PM

Hello! I am thinking of buying a big blast but is it better than the blastzooka? Can you guys tell me which one is better.

*Extra* I am gonna rebarel the one I buy. Don't no if this will change anything*

Thanks!

#2 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:04 PM

Big blast is better but try to get the gen 2 lever trigger model, it releases air faster and the trigger doesn't break. 

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#3 Shin Ryoku

Shin Ryoku

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:59 PM

Could you show a picture of gen 2?

Edit: Is it the green and blue one? If so i think i got it

Edited by Shin Ryoku, 12 April 2016 - 07:01 PM.

#4 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:34 PM

Could you show a picture of gen 2?

Edit: Is it the green and blue one? If so i think i got it

Should be, yeah. It can be hard to tell, only way to be sure is either to pump it up (they tend to take 5-6 pumps vs. ~10 for gen 1) or to open it up and see if it has the smaller tank (but better, faster air release) and lever trigger. 

#5 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:44 PM

FYI, there were Gen1 Blue/green ones too.

The blastzooka doesn't really come with a grip or trigger, so unless you plan on putting it in a different shell anyway, count on the blastzooka being more work than a big blast....though I guess you could just use it as is, it's kinda awkward to aim with.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#6 Shin Ryoku

Shin Ryoku

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:48 PM

Hmm. I cant seem to find any big blasts for sale :(. Are there different gens on the blastzooka?

#7 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:52 PM

Up to my knowledge, the only generation 2 big blast exists in the Lego Aquatic whatever toyline, in the red, black, and lime green color scheme. Here is the trigger and tank of a gen 1 big blast,BigBlastinternals-1.jpg

And here is the trigger and tank of gen 2 big blast. As mentioned before, the gen 2 has a faster trigger pull, and won't break on you like the gen 1 tends to, but the tank is a little smaller. If you end up getting a gen 1 big blast, which you probably will with that color scheme, then you're gonna be better off. Just reinforce the trigger, buy an aftermarket trigger made by someone out of polycarbonate, or make you're own, and you should be fine.IMG_0544.jpg

industrial designer

#8 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:13 PM

Spud, there is the one you are talking about (Lego Atlantis Harpoon Blaster) and there is a green with blue accents one. The second is the most common, IIRC., however it's difficult to tell because with this color scheme, gen 1 and 2 look very similar.  big+blast.JPG

Edited by The2ndBluesBro, 12 April 2016 - 08:15 PM.

#9 Kilomona

Kilomona

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:06 AM

Blastzooka goes perfectly into a recon shell, can use the orig trigger, and needs minimal shell cutting. Barrel can be cut stock or replaced.

#10 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:34 PM

Depends what you're doing. People refer the big blast as a 4B, and blastzooka XBZ by the way. 

For a DIY war, 4B is fine. You can partially plug the OPRV, (use hotglue to fill the OPRV hole but put a pin it so air can still go through) and add a coupler, you're good to go.

Superstock and singled is bettter for the XBZ, and yes they fit much nicer into any shells. It has less power, so you would want to single it or put a breech on.  XBZs are a bit hard to find right now, but Kmart should still have them. 

IMO, if you're not doing DIY, get an XBZ. Don't kill a precious 4B lol, and 4Bs you should thrift for. 

#11 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:04 PM

If you are planning to simply transplant the internals from a 4B, I suggest using the ones from Berzerkers instead.  They are available in both first and second generation styles.

[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#12 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:38 PM

Green and blue 4Bs can yield either tank style.  4B tanks are also available in the Berserker/Barbarian/Maniac and in both Spy Gear Signal Launchers.  Berserker-based tanks are usually lever 2nd gen, but rarely can be lever 1st gen.  SGSL-based tanks are standard pull 1st gen.  They may come in a version with a round bottom and slightly less capacity than a true 1st gen.  This tank is better for reshelling if you need 1st gen power, but also comes with a crappy stock pump, so you need to replace it.

Pump counts can be relied upon to identify 2nd gen tanks, but not 1st gen tanks.  Bad O-ring seals may result in more pumps than is necessary, and some 1st gens have lower counts.

XBZs don't have different versions thus far, but they also don't have triggers, so you'll need to make one if you reshell the tank.  It will fit into more shells with less work than 4Bs, but you'll also have a bit less power.  I would definitely get a 4B if one is available for a decent price.  

Beware that a new barrel may put stress on the tank stub, especially when changing it out, and if the stub snaps off at the seal, this cannot be repaired.  Attach your barrel to the tank wall directly and only use the stub as a guide, filling in the dead space with the material of your choice.  Do not rely on the stub for attachment.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users