Photo

New Target Exclusive Air Tech 2000 Twin Pack

10 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 11:32 PM

Please don't diddle me if you already know about this. I ran a search for this or a similar topic and came up with nothing, so I'm assuming this is news. I was in Target today and noticed a package I'd never seen before. It was a set of Air Tech 2000's bearing a "Target Exclusive" stamp on the box. One was your run-of-the-mill AT2k and the other was a spiffy blue one. Everything looks to be the same on them. They were priced at $10.

#2 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 12:12 AM

It's not news.

It's been on NHq for two days now, thanks to Grinch, our wonderful Grinchy Moderator at the 'Hq.

He even provided in-store pictures for us.

I know you tried... but, Grinch's topic was way more informative.

I liked the blue better than the red.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#3 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 09:58 AM

I don't visit HQ's forums, so...

#4 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 10:11 AM

should be in trading, but what the hell.
CaptainCC, would you be willing to buy on and ship it to me, i would gladly pay, seeing as i don't even have one at2k. And considering what people are saying about them...
PM me if you can, it would be so very helpful.
-Jlego
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#5 TOFUburger

TOFUburger

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 02:12 AM

yeah, i'd like one of them twin packs as well, of course i'll pay also. just pm me or something to let me know if you can. Thanks!
All bow down to BoltSniper, he is my god.

#6 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 04:36 PM

So is this the "exclusive" rerelease we were hearing about earlier in the year from our Hasbro pilgrims? Shall we not expect to see the Powerclip rereleased as a... what was it expected to be? K-Mart exclusive? Let me know if you have any info or thoughts on this.
NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#7 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 05:37 PM

That would suck, but the I bet this is just the start of Nerf going the way of the Super Soaker. I.e., old guns rereleased with new color schemes as exclusives to different stores.
"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

My username is a good example of what happens when you leave caps lock on.

#8 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:10 PM

I really hope that the PC rereleased is, as discussed in the N-Strike DVD topic, a repainted version utilizing the Nerf Unity system. If it connected to a Titan and that new Nitefinder with rails, I'd be quite the happy camper. Either way, I will be pleased with a rerelease of the PC in any form.

I also don't have a problem with this rerelease of the AT2K. The original sold for about 7 bucks at my TRU. Maybe more. I'll take the price reduction any day to wield two very sturdy sidearms. I'll probably pick it up once I get some cash on the side.

#9 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:25 PM

So is this the "exclusive" rerelease we were hearing about earlier in the year from our Hasbro pilgrims? Shall we not expect to see the Powerclip rereleased as a... what was it expected to be? K-Mart exclusive? Let me know if you have any info or thoughts on this.

Yes, this is a Target exclusive. So far TRU has the RF20, Target has the AT2000's, Walmart has the N-Strike, and K-mart will have the PC.

That would suck, but the I bet this is just the start of Nerf going the way of the Super Soaker. I.e., old guns rereleased with new color schemes as exclusives to different stores.

Sounds like alot of fun to me, Volt. If Nerf is only releasing 1 new gun bundle for now, I will gladly take any rereleases these stores throw my way.

For ten bucks, you can't beat the 2000's. I got a pack, modded them, and will soon go get some more. I would rather have 2 AT2000's, a PC, a Blastbazooka, and a Nitefinder for the same price as an N-Strike. (Unless someone convinces me otherwise concerning the need to plunk $40 for 3 guns)

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#10 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 08:28 AM

The Nstrike is not a walmart exclusive, it will be everywhere. Also, its not Hasbro's doin in the rereleases. Company's like target and kmart go to hasbro and request an exlcusive line. It's a marketing ploy to get people to shop only in their stores. As a 4th and final year marketing student, I can tell u all about it. Also, i dunno about the PC, it seems to be up in the air right now.
I hate you.

#11 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 09:07 AM

Yeah, the N-Strike isn't just in Wal-Mart. Yesterday I saw it up on Amazon.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users