Photo

Longshot Mod Guide

6 replies to this topic

#1 hcat625

hcat625

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:29 PM

Does anyone have a good nerf longshot cs-6 mod guide for spring upgrading, a video guide would be more helpful but I can use a article. I can't figure how to get my nerf turf 16kg spring to work in my longshot. My problems are the front thingy that locks the bolt pops up and the bolt won't go all the way foward and it won't catch yet I have the new and old catch spring (I know the spring strength isn't the problem). Thanks for who ever can help.

#2 Penna

Penna

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:30 AM

http://nerfhaven.com...ions-directory/

Wye not?- Astech

Watch this It isn't a rick roll

#3 Timuravez

Timuravez

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:30 PM

It would have been helpful to put a question mark at the end, when i clicked this  i thought it was an actual mod guide.

Hey Im Tim and i like sub-optimal lobsters. If I seem cool feel free to facebook stalk me on twitter.

#4 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:48 PM

Ok, there are plenty of great Longshot mod guides here on NerfHaven, and the NIC. Just google "Nerf Longshot mod guide" and plenty of things should pop up... I'm not really sure why you'd ask this when you can just take the time to find it yourself.
With that said, the thingy that is restricting your bolt the dart tooth, or bolt lock? If it's the lock, just remove it. If it's the dart tooth, then you most likely reinstalled it wrong. Also maybe you need to grease it again to get it moving better. If all of these things fail, do you have a third party boltsled? I'm assuming it's a yes, since the 16kg spring will blow up the stock boltsled if you haven't bought another. Maybe that boltsled is a defective product, or simply misinstalled?
For the catch spring issue, that 16kg main spring is very strong and there is probably not enough catch strength. You said that the springs aren't the issue, so maybe compression is? The Nerf turf 16kg is designed for the Longshot, but you could've gotten a defective product. I'm almost guaranteed that it's the catch springs though... Just keep on beefing it up until your blaster will catch. Maybe there is an issue on compression with the catch springs?
Bubba
"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#5 hcat625

hcat625

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:37 PM

thx bubba and the problem was when I looked up mod guides all of them were not good for my problems

#6 Cartaya

Cartaya

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:27 PM

Ok, being this is my favorite LS spring I know exactly how to make it work.  They are worth the trouble as they are just fantastical Springs with tons of power!

Your problem your having is most likely Closed space, it is the distance between the mickey mouse ears and the Plunger head that is required for the wire space of the spring.  If it exceeds what the Longshot allows for the rod catch to clear, it will not prime because the plunger rod will not go back far enough to engage the catch plate.

Other issues can be...

*Stock Catch plate spring.
*Plunger cup is undersized/ deformed/ bent.
*When modding breech, pusher was installed put too far back to prime correctly.

Aside from those issues, try this first, get a screw, same size as a longshot plunger head screw but 3mm longer, what i did is just get a #6 x 3/4" screw and drill out the plunger rod, normal depth beforehand.  The i use a spring, it's a 6.3mm long spring, .7 mm gauge,

how%20to%2016%20NT_zpsd9hemsuh.jpg

...In laymans terms, a 2.5mm spacer (or how ever much i need up to 4mm) that goes into the plunger head inside the screw and gives me more space internally for the spring.  I then use silicone in the hexagonal hole in the plunger head so as i am tightening it, i make a seal, afterwards wiping off the excess.  I let that dry for a day, and put that in my Longshots.

Other things to consider.

*The new NT16 KG springs Have ground ends, better gold Plating, 12 coils instead of 14, meaning 7mm less solid space needed to prime.

*Grounding ends flat helps, especially for 2mm Gauge wire and up.

--Cartaya

Edited by Cartaya, 19 April 2017 - 10:32 PM.

....Fear of a Nerf Planet!

#7 hcat625

hcat625

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:21 AM

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users