Wacky Question

6 replies to this topic

#1 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:54 PM

Is there a specific reason why we relocate the dart-holder/barrel-mount to the front?

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#2 laser

laser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:27 PM

What “dart holder/barrel-mount” are you talking about.

#3 Kilomona

Kilomona

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:33 PM

On what blaster...? Also, dart holders are one thing, but what's a "barrel mount"

#4 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:39 PM

Oops. I had originally titled this "Wacky Crossbow Question" but decided to erase it from the title and include the blaster name in the content, but I forgot.

(It was almost midnight where I was posting, and I was drifting off. Just a brain fart.)

#5 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 10:20 PM

On the '95 Crossbow? Are you asking why the barrel gets moved from the top to the front? The alternative is that the air has to travel through a long narrow piece of flexible tubing.  It's a major bottleneck.  Relocating the barrel removes a lot of dead space, and allows more air to flow to the barrel in a shorter period of time.  Next time please put some actual thought into your 'wacky questions', google search them beforehand, and only ask them if they are actually relevant to you somehow.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#6 Agles

Agles

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:57 PM

strangely until now i never seen that bow unmodded. i always thought it was some strange sight or dart storage up there. anyhow here's a pic of one opened up. as Langley said, lots of dead space in that tube. 

DSC00746.JPG

#7 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 02:31 PM

strangely until now i never seen that bow unmodded. i always thought it was some strange sight or dart storage up there. anyhow here's a pic of one opened up. as Langley said, lots of dead space in that tube. 

DSC00746.JPG

Especially since it looks like it's some sort of stretchy tubing with semi-kinks at the turns.

I'm in the process of persuading my non-modding friend to relinquish his '95 Crossbow, so I wanted to know why we did that specific mod.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users