Photo

Integration Materials

9 replies to this topic

#1 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 07:31 AM

I'm thinking about doing a Modulus+Rayven integration, but am not sure what to use. For example, is epoxy putty just external, or is it like glue? If someone could help, that would be great. Thanks!

#2 xXD3V1LXx

xXD3V1LXx

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:25 AM

I have been working on an integration guide I'll have it up later today wait for that
A quote from Ice Nine
"Use the golden rule: Don't be a dick."

NERF On
-Devil

#3 Sketch Art Online

Sketch Art Online

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:37 AM

What i believe is a common method is to temporarily  hold the shells together with hot glue to get it lined up.  Put the hot glue on the outside.  Then go over the cracks on the inside with liquid 2-part epoxy.  Then rip out the hot glue and put epoxy putty on the outside, moving it around to make it a smooth integration and not look silly.  Then sand it down, paint and there you go.  

Epoxy putty is exactly what it sounds like.  It is very similar to liquid epoxy except it is mold able.  Here is a 10-min infomercial abbot epoxy putty sticks.  I suggest you watch it all the way through as it is very thorough.

It is used as a glue but it inst as strong a bond as normal epoxy liquid.  But because it is mold able it acts as an external feature too.  I have done integrations with just epoxy putty and no epoxy liquid but i do not suggest this. good luck!

Edited by Sketch Art Online, 20 March 2016 - 08:59 AM.

Do not aim at eyes or face

#4 LordGiratia

LordGiratia

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:22 AM

Gorilla glue is pretty nice if you need to fill in space and dont want to do all the work to put epoxy putty into the space to improve the integration, just don't use too much because it does expand. And don't use it as a replacement for epoxy putty on the outside.
Warning, my posts aren't finished when I post them, wait 15 minutes and the post will be perfect.

#5 Edward the Assassin

Edward the Assassin

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:44 PM

A great method is to use smooth cast 65d for internal work and epoxy putty for external work. If you search Coop772 on You tube, he has a lot of integrations using smooth cast 65d. However it is expensive so keep that in mind. 

I do have a question for other modders out there. What brands of epoxy putty do you find works best for Nerf integrations?

Lastly, can you post your project when your done? I have always wanted to see a modulus/rayven integration. You can call it the Rodulus! ;)

#6 xXD3V1LXx

xXD3V1LXx

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:26 PM

Pvc glue also works but personally I'm a bondo guy. Also I was thing the Raylus
A quote from Ice Nine

NERF On
-Devil

#7 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 06:27 PM

Thanks for the help, I'll post it when I finish. Unfortunately, that might be a little while, as my modulus is currently in storage. Also, still deciding a name. The ideas posted might be used, you'll see. Thanks for the help!

Edited by RandomUser, 20 March 2016 - 06:45 PM.

#8 xXD3V1LXx

xXD3V1LXx

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 06:42 PM

Use my noobs guide for as far as I got on the strayven overhaul its easy to follow
A quote from Ice Nine

NERF On
-Devil

#9 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 06:46 PM

Saw it, and I think I understand it. Thanks for the help!

#10 nerfsamurai

nerfsamurai

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 07:54 PM

I would suggest these too if you haven't already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSv_-gX-l_I

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users