Photo

3d custom pump kit for Apollo?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:15 PM

Looking into getting this thing... but after doing a little searching on my own, I decided to go to coop's link in the description of this video:https://youtu.be/S5WFC3yngGQ

But alas, the only thing that displays upon following the link is the stock piece. Can anyone link me to the Pump part of this kit? I cant find it.

Thanks, and cheers,
DarkDragon
Please visit my youtube:
https://www.youtube....d61VYhVvhEfeqGA

#2 Agles

Agles

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:30 PM

not sure, seems the seller only lists what he has in stock. (pun kinda intended) may want to contact the seller to see when he will have another batch of kits available.

i know that seller does make a number of other parts for Rival blasters. it is strange that he would be out of all of them.  

#3 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:37 PM

on the seller's facebook page they talk about how they're changing the workflow of their store and will be out of stock for a bit, so you'll have to wait.

trans as shit because fuck you

#4 ocicat12

ocicat12

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:02 PM

I would assume he is getting more filament or fixing his 3D printer, depending on what I hear (from Drac's video) you sometimes need to go back and keep checking.

sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

#5 custom3dnerf

custom3dnerf

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:11 PM

Yup, that's me. I'm trying to make the parts before I sell them, so I don.t have super long wait times for my customers. Like the guy said, check my FB page for updates. I'm still catching up on pump grip orders from a month ago. It might take some time. Also, 2 of my 5 printers are down, and parts are on the way. Thanks for your interest!

#6 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:20 PM

Thanks all for your reply and hello there custom3D!

Thats understandable. Im simply preparing to make two pump action apollos for my little cousin and myself and its been in the design phase for 3 weeks. Needless to say he's restless and eager to start, but Ive managed to deter him with the help of my retaliator project and wooden sword carving project. ^-^

But i understand you'd like to pre print and rest assured Ill be paitent for the printers to be fixed(I wish you the best with that). I may shoot you a PM or two in the meantime, tho.

Cheers!
Please visit my youtube:
https://www.youtube....d61VYhVvhEfeqGA

#7 xXD3V1LXx

xXD3V1LXx

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:42 PM

Hey cc3d and all my dad is currently talking with a huge 3D printing company for something nothing to do with nerf but they are widely known and cheap. They are called voodoo printing.
A quote from Ice Nine
"Use the golden rule: Don't be a dick."

NERF On
-Devil

#8 Frostburg

Frostburg

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:04 PM

I like the idea of this mod. A longer stock seems necessary for it to be comfortably shouldered, and for a better 

cheek weld. The pump fore end seems designed primarily to speed cycling the rounds in the action.

I have two concerns.

The first one is simple; the sound of the pump action makes me cringe, but Coop already covered that.

The larger concern is the fact that the pump device raises the surface of the top of the receiver by two inches or more,

from what I can see.  This will likely cause some sighting issues for those who wish to add custom sights to the top

of the receiver.  While not a deal breaker, in terms of sighting along the trajectory, it would also force the shooter to raise their 

eye level slightly, which could be adapted with a modified cheek piece, but still.

I would have hoped they would cut off the top charging handle, and instead created an attachment

which would wrap/bend it onto the side of the gun, thus, allowing for a side charging handle rather than a top one.

This would allow the emplacement of "iron sights" to the top of the receiver without raising the sight, "height over bore."

#9 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:48 PM

I have two concerns.

The first one is simple; the sound of the pump action makes me cringe, but Coop already covered that.

Nothing a little sanding can't fix.

The larger concern is the fact that the pump device raises the surface of the top of the receiver by two inches or more,

from what I can see.  This will likely cause some sighting issues for those who wish to add custom sights to the top

of the receiver.  While not a deal breaker, in terms of sighting along the trajectory, it would also force the shooter to raise their 

eye level slightly, which could be adapted with a modified cheek piece, but still.

TBH, the blaster has a huge piece of plastic sticking out of the top of the blaster already. Not sure the added pump grip raises your aiming surface if it sits flush with this piece. This blaster doesn't have sights for that reason.

I would have hoped they would cut off the top charging handle, and instead created an attachment

which would wrap/bend it onto the side of the gun, thus, allowing for a side charging handle rather than a top one.

This would allow the emplacement of "iron sights" to the top of the receiver without raising the sight, "height over bore."

I do like this idea, but the further away a priming bar is from the plunger tube, the more stress is being acted on by the connecting point. For a 3D printed add on to bend out and down on the side of the blaster, I could see it breaking within one prime with the spring inside of the apollo.

But your questions about the design are valid, but all things that can be changed yourself if you choose to. It is a plug-in kit. If you want these changes, I wouldn't see it being too hard to do them yourself.

industrial designer

#10 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:22 PM

POPULAR

I like the idea of this mod. A longer stock seems necessary for it to be comfortably shouldered, and for a better 

cheek weld. The pump fore end seems designed primarily to speed cycling the rounds in the action.

I have two concerns.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're trying to apply real steel practices and ballistics to Nerf and related blasters in such a way that isn't practical or worthwhile (unless like you like doing things for the sake of doing things, which is cool). The tolerances, workmanship, materials, and other factors are so poor with Nerf blasters that trying to maximize accuracy doesn't make any sense. Yes, the Nerf Rival line represents a new generation in accuracy and precision, but the yellow foam projectiles and Nerf blasters that use them can't take advantage of refined sights or ergonomics (at least with respect to vastly improving accuracy).

Edited by shandsgator8, 31 March 2016 - 06:25 PM.

#11 Frostburg

Frostburg

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:33 PM

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're trying to apply real steel practices and ballistics to Nerf and related blasters in such a way that isn't practical or worthwhile (unless like you like doing things for the sake of doing things, which is cool). The tolerances, workmanship, materials, and other factors are so poor with Nerf blasters that trying to maximize accuracy doesn't make any sense. Yes, the Nerf Rival line represents a new generation in accuracy and precision, but the yellow foam projectiles and Nerf blasters that use them can't take advantage of refined sights or ergonomics (at least with respect to vastly improving accuracy).

(Written by me below, sorry screwed up the quote function)

What you say may be true. I do infact, have very little experience with nerf type blasters. So perhaps my expectations don't fully meet up with the reality of what these guns are capable of. I have a Sentinel and the Zeus ordered, and they should be here soon.  Then, I will be able to see first hand what these toys are really all about. 

This isn't to say that I think my aims and ideals for these blasters are impossible. I sure hope a dedicated person or people can create or modify some surprisingly accurate blasters capable of the performance and practices I'm looking for. It would be an impressive accomplishment, but I still think, or at least hope that it's doable.

Edited by Frostburg, 31 March 2016 - 08:38 PM.

#12 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:36 PM

If you get what you're looking for, great. If you don't, but have fun trying, great. I'm just trying to make sure you don't have unrealistic expectations. Good luck with your project.

#13 Frostburg

Frostburg

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:18 PM

If you get what you're looking for, great. If you don't, but have fun trying, great. I'm just trying to make sure you don't have unrealistic expectations. Good luck with your project.

I hear ya. I understand that my goals may be a bit ambitious for nerf guns, but being able to play around with the 

nerf guns, figuring out how to optimize them for accuracy's sake, is a load of fun. And is arguably a better and healthier way to relieve stress than watching T.V. or other sedentary ways to pass time. All weapons in history have evolved through generations of redesign and fine tuning, even the simple sling shot and spear.  I see no reason not to apply this way of thinking to nerf guns.

#14 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 12:59 AM

I hear ya. I understand that my goals may be a bit ambitious for nerf guns, but being able to play around with the 

nerf guns, figuring out how to optimize them for accuracy's sake, is a load of fun. And is arguably a better and healthier way to relieve stress than watching T.V. or other sedentary ways to pass time. All weapons in history have evolved through generations of redesign and fine tuning, even the simple sling shot and spear.  I see no reason not to apply this way of thinking to nerf guns.

By all means then, do so. If you have an idea for a blaster, or want to stylize a blaster in any sort of way, then go for it. Expanding upon the hobby and culture is everyone's goal for new members.

industrial designer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users