I need help for a certain modification!

12 replies to this topic

#1 Jusen

Jusen

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:09 AM

Hello, everyone!
I've recently become interested in NERF weapons, especially pistols and handguns.
I'm going to participate in a certain costume play match, and my character was Zero, from the Mega Man Zero series.
I need to know how to modify a NERF weapon to make it look similar to the Buster Shot, Zero's ranged weapon in the game.
Sincerely,
Jusen

#2 Kilomona

Kilomona

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:38 PM

Heres a pic, for anyone else.
I can't think of any similarly shaped blasters for a body, but depending on whether you want it functional or not you could use the thumbhole stock area of a thunderblast stock or rayven as the body then add a top piece from a firestrike to finish it, then paint it.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.png

#3 Nerfguy2002

Nerfguy2002

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:46 PM

That looks like you could use a bigshot with a swarm fire stock integrated together.

#4 nzmcraft

nzmcraft

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:38 PM

Honestly I think that it would be possible to do that with a minimized rayven. Maybe just cut off the back of a rayven rewire it then maybe put a small hopper on it. That should make it reasonably functional and pretty accurate to the buster shot's design.

#5 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:34 PM

That looks like you could use a bigshot with a swarm fire stock integrated together.

Wait, you mean BigShock.

But yeah, they look like they'd do well together!

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#6 ruggerroo

ruggerroo

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:33 AM

This would work, but depending on his availability it would probably be better to extend a Big Shock (mega pistol) and add some sort of woodwork or something homemade to it, that way it can be built to your desire.

#7 Remzak

Remzak

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:02 AM

The front reminds me of a minimized nitefinder. Attach a swarm fire stock and use a piece of PVC covering the priming rod and with an end cap to mimic the slide.

Edited by Remzak, 15 February 2016 - 08:04 AM.

Unnoficial "Drone" Expert

#8 Kilomona

Kilomona

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:57 PM

The front reminds me of a minimized nitefinder. Attach a swarm fire stock and use a piece of PVC covering the priming rod and with an end cap to mimic the slide.

That actually sounds perfect. Replacing the nitefinder handle with a mav handle could also help, and the entire design could be resemble the performance of a nitefider with homemade internals as the pvc could be used as a plunger.

#9 Jusen

Jusen

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for your replies and suggestions!
However, I'm not quite aware of the best way to prepare this weapons or the specs in general!
I've looked at the Nitefinder and at the Maverick weapons, and I can see the similarities in regards to the design, but what should I expect of performance, shot distance, things like that?

#10 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:12 PM

modulus blaster stock? 

710672ineiL._SY355_.jpg

just cut off and round out the part where it attaches to the blaster and you're already pretty close, it even has the hump on the top. the size and scale should be close as well going off having one in my hands before. 

trans as shit because fuck you

#11 Jusen

Jusen

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:40 PM

CaliforniaPants,

Your suggestion seems somewhat reasonable, but I don't think it meshes well with the design.
I also don't trust Gilderoy Lockhart's face.

#12 TheNerfZilla

TheNerfZilla

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:00 PM

To me, that looks like the back of a hornet. You could potentially integrate a NF or fire strike into the top. The trigger could be linked through the top of the hornet stock using polycarbonate or balsa wood. Hope this helps.
I have a blog now!
How to Get Started Nerfing Pt. 1
Eat spaghetti to forgetti your regretti 

#13 Jimu RetroGuru

Jimu RetroGuru

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 12:06 AM

Actually, the Modulus stock might be your best bet. It's the right size, and if you unscrew the casing the whole orange coupler block comes off. That leaves a nice round hole just asking for a cheap LED flashlight for a lighting kit.

Either that or a Firefly for the bullpup grip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users