Photo

Nerf Big Bad Bow Modification, Plunger Head Improvement!

Yeah^

6 replies to this topic

#1 iModify

iModify

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

Hey guys. So most Big Bad Bows have a pretty nice seal stock. But we can do better :D

I haven't seen this modification before, so if you've seen this. Please let me know!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start by getting your plunger head:
Posted Image

Cut these off:
Posted Image

Place a NF O-ring in here:
Posted Image

You should have a nice cup like this:
Posted Image

Now hot glue over the O-ring like this:
Posted Image

And your done! You should have 99% seal or better!

-iModify
Air guns go bang bang

-iModify

#2 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

You should flip the skirt outwards, then cut notches along the ribs you cut off completely, so that way the ridge holds your o-ring in.

I've tried something similar to this and also used hot glue to secure it, and what happens is that in a war the hot glue will slip off along with the oring through the magic of plunger tube shenanigans and then you have tons of debris in there wreaking havoc.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#3 iModify

iModify

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

You should flip the skirt outwards, then cut notches along the ribs you cut off completely, so that way the ridge holds your o-ring in.

I've tried something similar to this and also used hot glue to secure it, and what happens is that in a war the hot glue will slip off along with the oring through the magic of plunger tube shenanigans and then you have tons of debris in there wreaking havoc.

Alright, i'll try that next time! Thanks.
Air guns go bang bang

-iModify

#4 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

Instead of an o-ring, I used a single turn from a spring. The tension from the spring held itself in place.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#5 Siriuslyharry

Siriuslyharry

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

I've tried this before, but all it did was create a bunch more friction than what is necessary.
What I did notice is that if you fill the skirt with hot glue (i.e stretching it out) and remove the hot glue once it has dried, the rubber will (mostly) retain its shape, and the seal will be quite improved from before, albeit not perfect.
A BBB doesn't really need a perfect seal, or a 99% seal to yield decent ranges.

#6 djfoam

djfoam

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

EVERY. DAMN. TIME.
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

This is not Facebook. Your emotional reactions are unwarranted.

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 20 October 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#7 ocicat12

ocicat12

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:47 PM

Could you use epoxy or epoxy putty???

I went back and used epoxy and it worked fine also I didn't have to cut down the rubber pieces though does anyone know why you "should" do that???

Edited by ocicat12, 18 March 2016 - 10:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users