Photo

thoughts of the Vulcan

15 replies to this topic

#1 Agles

Agles

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 03:15 PM

i have heard its got some issues. but ever sense i seen it, i have wanted one and about 10+ foot of chain shouting out "say hello to my little friend" or something to that effect. 

i hard people doing voltage mods to get faster rates of fire. though is there anything to make it more.. well consistent. or anything else one should know about this blaster. 

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

#2 Nerfguy2002

Nerfguy2002

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:00 PM

The inside is so confusing, when you have that big of chain you need to help it feed or else jam city. I threw a little bigger spring in there and got a 12 volt to it and it does alright. Just remember when you do a voltage mod to it, BURST FIRE when you have more than 25 darts, or else say good by to your motor.

#3 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:23 PM

In the future please check your spelling, grammar, and punctuation when you post. 

To answer your question, the Vulcan tends to jam a lot, and the mechanism that advanced the chain breaks easily.  Extending the chain a lot is going to make that even worse.  There's not a lot of mod potential there either, and the stock range is pretty poor.  I know it's tempting, because having a chain-fed blaster sounds cool, but it's just not worth it.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

PLEASE USE PROPER GRAMMAR WHEN POSTING ON NERFHAVEN, THANKS FOR THE REPORT AGLES

-ICE NINE

MODERATOR WAS WARNED FOR THIS WARNING.  ICE NINE, PLEASE DO NOT BACK-SASS THE ADMINS.  ALSO, PLEASE REMEMBER TO USE CORRECT PUNCTUATION IN YOUR EMBEDDED WARNING MESSAGES.  THAT COMMA IS A SEMICOLON AT BEST. 

-LANGLEY

Edited by Langley, 15 February 2016 - 06:50 PM.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#4 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:49 PM

The main problem with long belts is that the motor system can't handle lots of weight.

If you expand the belt, you will have to expand the ammo box or make your own.

Also, if you have a really large belt, you might want to hang a bag off of the right side to catch your spent shells.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#5 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:13 PM

003_zpsdea89b7c.jpg

Awesome comes in many flavours...

#6 Nerfguy2002

Nerfguy2002

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:45 PM

That is the coolest mod ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USER WAS JUDGED FOR HAVING BAD TASTE  

The Hell, judged for bad taste, I know the vulcan sucks but look at that, Its awesome.

Edited by Nerfguy2002, 16 February 2016 - 10:16 PM.

#7 Agles

Agles

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:03 PM

ok so a large catch/feed bag like BritNerf's box would be a good idea. 

from what i see the chain sections are the breach/chamber. do the darts fit nice and snug? could this be why the blaster's inconsistent.

i do have one coming. hope it gets here soon.

Edited by Agles, 16 February 2016 - 05:05 PM.

#8 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:24 PM

ok so a large catch/feed bag like BritNerf's box would be a good idea. 
from what i see the chain sections are the breach/chamber. do the darts fit nice and snug? could this be why the blaster's inconsistent.

i do have one coming. hope it gets here soon.

The chain feed mechanism breaks to easily and from what I can glean the feed motor is weak. If both could be beefed up you might be able to do it but it's likely still not gonna be good for anything but spot protection in a capture the flag style game.

#9 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:19 PM

I'm running 12v's through mine and I've never had the mechanism break. Personally, it's just a good looker:

- Slow reloads compared to mags
- No true way to store chains
- Heavy

Just not war worthy. Sorry

#10 Agles

Agles

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:51 AM

to give a small update on this. 

i did get a hold of one with 1 belt. 

even with the 1 belt, i have had it jam up on me. yet to open and look through the inside to see whats really the issue. thought it happens at the start of the belt when hanging strait down. so something inside there isnt strong enough to deal with that weight. 

i also the drive system isnt consistent. stopping just left or right of the plunger tube. do to this its not making a good seal and loosing power. 

im planning on painting it. which is whats holding me up. waiting for a nice day to do the painting outside. plan on looking into things while shes opened for that.

as for paint. i plan on giving it a blue/white elite style coloring.

#11 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:41 AM

I believe that there is a "slip clutch" in balt advancement system, similar to what's inside a Maverick, Strongarm, and just about every other turreted blaster. This helps prevent things from breaking when the belt gets stuck, but it also doesn't let the vulcan pull the belt very hard.

If your belt is hanging straight down(i.e., you have no ammo box) then that is one problem. Hasbro gave it an ammo box so that the weight of the chain would be supported. Even with the ammo box, the blet can still get caught up as it's being fed. If you didn't get the plastic ammo box with yours, even making one out of cardboard could help.

Also I have heard of people putting a rounded piece on the side of the vulcan that the chain feeds into, in order to prevent the belt from getting caught up. I don't know of any pictures of this, but it might be worth looking into.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#12 the nerf rocker

the nerf rocker

• FNG-FB 
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:45 AM

Well even though I'am a noob in the world of nerf and nerf moding
I would not pay the price for it but it is up to you if you want my opinion on the Vulcan
I will never get the Vulcan it's a gimmick type of nerf blaster that is prone to dart jams
And It running on 6 D batteries witch that in itself is very costly the only way I would ever
Buy it for myself would be at a thrift store or goodwill for 1 to 5 dollars and even the rinofire
At the msrp of 100 dollars although a little bit better than the Vulcan and the Vulcan ebf25
In a nerf war the Vulcan and the rinofire would only be a good use as a hevy machine gun
Or support fire

Have a nice day keep rocking the fome and good nerfing

#13 Nerfguy2002

Nerfguy2002

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:21 PM

to give a small update on this. 

i did get a hold of one with 1 belt. 

even with the 1 belt, i have had it jam up on me. yet to open and look through the inside to see whats really the issue. thought it happens at the start of the belt when hanging strait down. so something inside there isnt strong enough to deal with that weight. 

i also the drive system isnt consistent. stopping just left or right of the plunger tube. do to this its not making a good seal and loosing power. 

im planning on painting it. which is whats holding me up. waiting for a nice day to do the painting outside. plan on looking into things while shes opened for that.

as for paint. i plan on giving it a blue/white elite style coloring.

Thats so weird because mine never jams and I have it running a 50 round belt and 12 volts, But I just remember nerf put these little ramps at the spot were the belt comes out, mine gun jammed so I removed those little ramps and now its runs great, sort of.

post-123574-0-13780400-1461210718_thumb.

with the ramps on

For some reason it wont upload the pic with out but I will get it up

Edited by Nerfguy2002, 21 April 2016 - 12:34 PM.

#14 Kilomona

Kilomona

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:45 PM

Mine had that problem too, so I sat down and modded the chain. Took out dart posts, then opened the green thingy that goes in first and filled it with hot glue and bbs. Never had that problem again.
Sidenote: I haven't tested mine on batteries.

Edited by Kilomona, 20 April 2016 - 07:45 PM.

#15 Nerfguy2002

Nerfguy2002

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:41 PM

Mine had that problem too, so I sat down and modded the chain. Took out dart posts, then opened the green thingy that goes in first and filled it with hot glue and bbs. Never had that problem again.
Sidenote: I haven't tested mine on batteries.

What green thingy are u talking about.

#16 Kilomona

Kilomona

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:23 AM

The green circle on the end, that you put in first.
Edit: the end of the chain.

Edited by Kilomona, 21 April 2016 - 06:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users