T - ired,

RIOT

When: Feb 20th 10am-4:30ish

Where: 
Stanton Elementary School
725 S Vencino Dr
Glendora, CA 91740

https://www.google.c...cd2070be6ba7115

-Be sure to bring water, money for lunch, darts, blasters to use, and as always, a good attitude. 

-standard socal rules apply.

-some new game types may be tested at this event.

Got questions? post 'em here. 

Monkies learn sign-language so they can tell dolphins they love them.

A horse is a horse of course of course, unless it is a zebra. What the hell is a zebra anyways?

#2 Cartaya

Cartaya

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:38 PM

This ought to be a really great game, nice time of the year to play, not too hot/cold.  The games I'm gonna try is a Version of CTF where the player who grabs the flag (N-Strike Era blaster) has to defend himself with only that till he captures the flag.  Also a Version of HvZvH where the perimeter sidewalk (this school has a nice one) is a safe zone but you can't shoot zeds while in it and there is another team you have to kill, killing other team wins.

Other than that, usual fun, bring your blasters, shoot the shit, get some trigger-time.

--Cartaya

....Fear of a Nerf Planet!

#3 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:21 PM

BOOM SURPRISE ATTENDEE MOTHERFUCKERS.

I'll be there. Should I bring anything special?

Does standard socal rules include the godawful #6 washers? Can I use Domes since it'll be my last war in California? Will Dom EVER find love again? TUNE IN NEXT TIME!

Edited by sublimedom777, 17 February 2016 - 03:32 PM.

Last of the Sex Dwarves, Head of Waifu Relations, Fetishizer of Blasters, The Far Warring, Mini-Van Driver, Possessor of Mattels, and Warden of the Manongahela

We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#4 Cartaya

Cartaya

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:58 PM

Gluedomes? Well, personally I wouldn't have a problem, no pain, no gain. But I have to concede with Nate, Apollo and Ice9's judgment on this one.  Soft Silicone, no problem for sure.  Also Try X-darts, they are badass, I know the bin is usually on my table making it appear they are just for my use, but they actually are not, I just ask that I get back all we find at the end of the day.

Also, I am so glad you're going to show, be sure to bring the rockets as we are playing yet another game of Ding and in the HvZvH round, they will be zed killers (15 seconds or more out of stun) but only one per team will be allowed if we have at least 2.

Edited by Cartaya, 17 February 2016 - 04:13 PM.

#5 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:03 PM

I love sili-domes and such variants. The only drawback is cost IMO. But if they are open use, maybe I'l grease your palm with another blaster or something.

Last of the Sex Dwarves, Head of Waifu Relations, Fetishizer of Blasters, The Far Warring, Mini-Van Driver, Possessor of Mattels, and Warden of the Manongahela

#6 Cartaya

Cartaya

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:10 PM

Oh and that Pistol spalt you gave me is cooking, took out the air splitter, put in a precomp spacer and it cooks, no coupler mods yet, But I like it!  You can use my darts for the war if all else fails, I PMed Nate on FB and asked him about the domes because I want to make sure SCUN is involved, especially in decisions like that which could change gameplay or safety.

Edited by Cartaya, 17 February 2016 - 05:13 PM.

#7 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:04 AM

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm pretty sure I'll be hungover as fuck tomorrow. I'm at an open bar event, and have literally just been drinking whatever this one waitress hands me. See y'all tomorrow

#8 Cartaya

Cartaya

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:14 AM

No worries, I'm always hungover, Drinking Johnnie Walker Black at the moment, I'm kind of a high functioning drinker  :),  Have fun tomorrow, have fun tonight bud, see ya at the war.

Edited by Cartaya, 20 February 2016 - 01:23 AM.

#9 mrcool91

mrcool91

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:12 PM

does anyone have any video footage from Saturday?

#10 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:04 PM

does anyone have any video footage from Saturday?

As far as I know, no one took video at this war on Saturday. I didn't see anyone with a camera. If you want to watch Nerf war footage, there are a lot of people who post it on YouTube. Here's some from a winter war last year in SoCal, at the same location.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#11 Cartaya

Cartaya

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:11 PM

No didn't have a camera, it was a small war, nice day, first war out I played since I was sick for a month.  I'll try to shoot some footage next time.  Scored a couple of 2K's from Dom and an original Sharpshooter.  Also got my friends singled Longshot up and he was at the war (Kyle).

Found an oval dent in my 12" brass barrel for my Carbine pistol, good thing it's couplered.  Didn't happen at the war...but would explain a lot.

Edited by Cartaya, 23 February 2016 - 10:17 PM.

#12 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:35 PM

The war was pretty solid. Decent way to end that stupefyingly enjoyable weekend. 

Next time we need more maids though...

#13 Cartaya

Cartaya

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:00 AM

It was a cool little war, that last capture the N-Strike round I thought would never end and I'm glad that the weather was nice too.  Maids are hard to come by :)

Edited by Cartaya, 26 February 2016 - 11:01 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Southern California War

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users