Razor Fin?

Does it suck?

6 replies to this topic

#1 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 02:21 PM

So a friend of mine found three old razor fins in her basement and she said she wouldn't mind selling one to me. I've never used the gun, so I'm just wondering if it can ever me any good? Deatails?
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy

#2 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 02:34 PM

Well, the short answer is Yes, they suck pretty bad. But you can do some extensive mods and they're a nice little gimmicky weapon that goes about 50 ft.
She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

#3 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 02:38 PM

Yeah, at ECNO Rambo brought a modded razor fin, which he had bought from NerfKing,and it wasnt that bad. Cut down, its definatly a decent sidearm you could lend out. Offer him $4, any more and you might as well get an NF.

THIRST
ko

#4 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 08:21 PM

It's decent, I wouldn't call it good, and I wouldn't call it bad.

It has three huge problems, barrels that are plastic swiss cheese, vinyl tubing connecting the plunger tube to the barrels, and the barrels are epoxied into the case.

It's got a weak spring too but that's nothing a bungie can't handle.
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#5 KaptonKonfusion

KaptonKonfusion

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 12:43 AM

Haze... You disapoint me. You got it all wrong... It was 2 Razor Fins and a Manta, which might I add is freakin sweet. Anyway I don't really like the Razor fin... Looks gwoss and the whole plunger under the handle bothers me. Any hanging out at Janets... And guess who showed up? Scott and Stalker.... I laughed the entire nite. Scott looked really "hungry" ZING!
"Whoa whoa whoa... wait a sec, I can shoot people with guns... It hurts and there's no nasty paint left over?!?! That's freakin AWESOME!!!"

#6 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 12:47 AM

Mike, shut up. I swear there were three, whatever. Leave the inside jokes off the board.
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy

#7 Vassili

Vassili

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 12:25 PM

...and the barrels are epoxied into the case.

No, they're not.

For some odd reason I actually tried to be helpful to this kid at NHQ:

"The Razor Fin has a tiny plunger tube, and the mechanism that switches the barrels greatly restricts the airflow. I doubt you can get more than 30-40 feet if you leave the barrel switching mech on, so I'd suggest ripping it off and single barreling it.

The problem with single barreling it though is that you'd have to connect the barrel to the plunger tube with some kind of tubing because otherwise the barrel will stick out of the top of the gun. Of course, by changing the airflow you will lose some pressure, which is already pretty abysmal. You'll also need to either replace the spring or add rubber bands because the stock spring is extremely weak.

Once that is all said and done, you'll have to deal with firing the gun with the weird trigger mechanism, and cocking it from the bottom of the handle, which is also quite inconvenient. All that work for a gun that can maybe get 45 feet on a good dart? Not worth it.

What I ended up doing with my Razor Fin was hacking off all of the gun except the handle, which held the plunger tube, and taping/glueing a crayola barrel directly onto the plunger tube. I had planned on integrating or somehow adding this little gun to one of my primary guns to act as a last-resort backup shot, but never got around to it.

In short, give up on your Razor Fin and dish out the 7 bucks needed for a NiteFinder." -Me at NHQ

I hope that answers your question if you should buy 'em or not.
Foam Fortress Co-Webmaster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users