Fifty Shades of Red 2.0

4 replies to this topic

#1 Nerfomania

Nerfomania

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:05 PM

Date: Saturday, February, 27th

Time: First round starts at 10:00 am. Most of us will be there by 9:30. We play until dusk.

Pavilion Rental pending, otherwise we'll use the lower gazebo
Fifty Shades of Red / Birthday Bash

It’s a big park, and we’re only using a small part of it. The parking lot is right off of McElroy Road, as you can see in the picture:

ScreenShot2014-10-26at111143AM.png[/URL]

What to bring:

1) BLASTERS, Bring at least one reliable PRIMARY, a springer PISTOL, and an AWFUL (if you wish to participate in Awfuls rounds. As well as a 'REKT' style primary if you plan on playing in the unlimited power rounds (full face protection is encouraged for these and kids younger than 18 will need to have a parent present)

- Blaster restrictions: DO NOT bring anything crazy overpowered. No homemade airguns or singled Titans/Hydro Cannons/drain blasters. If I deem your blaster to be too powerful, I WILL ask you to put it down. This rule does not apply to REKT style rounds (except for the homemade airgun ban for the time being).

- Realistic blasters are dumb.

- If you need a blaster, most people will loan you one if you ask nicely.

- Blaster hits DO NOT count, however this does not mean you can strap a large shield to your blaster.

2) DARTS: You may use stock micros, stefans (slugs and domes), megas, discs, whatever. I recommend at least 200 darts per person.

- Dart restrictions: no 3/0s or “deathdarts.” All darts must have at least one inch of foam. REKT rounda may use any dart type (barring 'deathdarts' or darts with a weight larger than a 1/4 slingshot ball)

If you don’t have darts to use, WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED
(kinda). You are free to use darts from the Community Dart Box, but please pick them up with us and return them at the end of the war. The supply is getting pretty limited, so please try to conserve them.

1459844_680977161921523_1034183230_n.jpg[/URL]

MELEE RULES

- There is no limit to the number of melee weapons you can carry.

- Melee weapons MUST be covered in foam. If it is deemed unsafe to be hit by, it will not be allowed.

- A melee weapon applies as both a blaster and a dart. You MAY block darts. You MAY throw melee weapons. You may even attempt to block a melee weapon with your blaster.

- HOWEVER, melee weapons that hit/skid/bounce on the ground before hitting someone DO NOT count as hits. If a thrown melee weapon hits a blaster, it is considered dead and will not count if it ricochets. All Melee must be LARP safe! Please no Vendettas if possible.

OTHER THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- LUNCH, I would NOT LIKE to see people running off for a 45-minute lunch break. I personally think it is much more efficient to just bring one with you. Trust me, a turkey sandwich tastes just fine after you have been Nerfing for a few hours. You are free to do what you want though.
- WATER, hydration is important.
- Sunscreen?
- EYE PROTECTION: PRESCRIPTION GLASSES DO NOT COUNT AS EYE PROTECTION. You must be wearing something that completely covers your eyes. I don’t care if you’re over 18 or not, YOU WILL BE WEARING THEM.
- Money/Blasters for trading. We like to do a lot of this down here, so bring what ya got.
- Intelligence, Don't be an idiot.
- A good attitude. Don’t be a crybaby.
- Please do not bring any open alcohol, illicit drugs, or real firearms to this event.
- We will be renting the pavilion for the day, so I would really appreciate if people brought a few dollars to contribute.
- Wingman pistol rounds (2 person) are limited too 1 RBPistol per team.

Any gametype rules can be explained at the event.

Some rounds will also have prizes, so be sure to bring your A-game if you want to win some cool stuff wink.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raffle! We will be having one as per the usual. Please try not to bring absolute garbage. We will be doing it as a picked first = gets to pick what they want.

DINNER! If you are part of the awesome kids you will attend dinner with us at a nearby buffet/other restaurant.

Speak up if you are coming!

Attendees:
-Red21
-NoM

Maybes: (who better show up for funtimes!):

If you’re in the Southeastern U.S. and you’re interested in coming to this event, we’d love to have you! Here’s a couple videos of a wars we had last year:

Feel free to ask any questions!

Edited by Nerfomania, 19 January 2016 - 10:07 PM.

20:45 Talio I'll have the talk with you
20:45 Talio penis in vagina
20:45 Talio fin

#2 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:18 PM

You know I'm there. Can't wait for more REKT rounds.

Hope I get to fix my Crossbow by then.

I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#3 MonkeyMeister

MonkeyMeister

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:06 PM

Hey, I live in north maryland and i was wondering if i would still be aloud to come to this war. I have been looking for one neer me for awhile and this is the closest i have found.

#4 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:23 PM

Hey, I live in north maryland and i was wondering if i would still be aloud to come to this war. I have been looking for one neer me for awhile and this is the closest i have found.

You are certainly allowed, but we are definitely not your closest option. There is a very active Northeast scene, mainly around PA. You just gotta look around more.

I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#5 MonkeyMeister

MonkeyMeister

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:28 PM

Thank you so much. I will definetly look into it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users