Longstrike Berserker Question

5 replies to this topic

#1 Cappucino

Cappucino

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • State:California

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:51 PM

I am interested in making a Longstrike with a Berserker Tank like NoMs'.  I have a question about the Brass Breeching system. Does he have a 19/32 piece of brass with a 9/16 brass in it on the front part of the longstrike where he has cut a hole? Because when he is showing how easy it is to load (at 0:29 in the video) he does not have the barrel attachment with the 17/32 piece of brass on the longstrike. Also how does he mechanically fasten the brass in the barrel attachment at the tip without interrupting the brass tubing(Shown in Drac's video at 1:55)? Thanks.

Edited by Cappucino, 18 January 2016 - 11:04 PM.

#2 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • State:Ontario
  • MKC on Youtube

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:05 PM

He didn't technically mechanically fasten the brass. He glued the brass into PVC and mechanically fastened the PVC to the plastic barrel. And yes from what I can see you are correct about the brass. The barrel itself is 17/32", the sheath that stays inside the main blaster is 9/16" and the sheath over that that moves and has the polycarb tab attached to it is 19/32" brass. And just warning you, make sure you use a gen 2 big blast tank like he did. I'm almost done one using a gen 1 tank, and the shell barely closes at all. It works, though, but it looks terrible and I'm sure It has a negative effect on the lifespan of the shell and blaster. 

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#3 Cappucino

Cappucino

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:08 PM

Thanks for everything, I already have the gen 2 big blast tank and the longstrike. 

#4 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • MKC on Youtube

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:12 PM

Thanks for everything, I already have the gen 2 big blast tank and the longstrike. 

No problem, good luck with the project! Even though it looks easy, trust me, it takes a LONG time. But, that might have just been because I started with a bunch of spare parts that didn't really work. It was bad. The tank leaked, the shell was dremeled to hell and back, and I had to use a front facing pump because the tank was missing the pump tube. But hey,if it works, it works. Should be killer at the next Canadian war once it's done. But paint+Canadian winter don't really mix so I guess I'll have to wait until spring to finish it.  

#5 Cappucino

Cappucino

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:18 PM

Also, I am planning to add a telescoping bike pump instead of the stock pump for more air pressure through each stroke. Do I need to cut off the whole stock pump area and drill a hole in the tank reservoir and attach tubing to it? If so, which type and size of tubing should I use and how which adhesives should I use to adhere the tubing to the hole in the tank? And what material is the rod holding the lever trigger up and where can I get it? Last thing, how does NoM adhere the brass into the front of the tank?

Edited by Cappucino, 18 January 2016 - 11:38 PM.

#6 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • MKC on Youtube

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:13 AM

Also, I am planning to add a telescoping bike pump instead of the stock pump for more air pressure through each stroke. Do I need to cut off the whole stock pump area and drill a hole in the tank reservoir and attach tubing to it? If so, which type and size of tubing should I use and how which adhesives should I use to adhere the tubing to the hole in the tank? And what material is the rod holding the lever trigger up and where can I get it? Last thing, how does NoM adhere the brass into the front of the tank?

You can use any threaded rod, you can buy it at most home improvement stores. Yes that is what you have to do. Plug the back with an SVT style oprv relocation, and use epoxy and goop to secure the tubing. Use tubing that is slightly smaller than the hole you drill, make sure to flush the tank with water to remove all debris. And remember to drill out the check valve in the back and if needed, replace it with one in between the pump and tank. Grind the threads off the part where the rod makes contact with the lever trigger. That's all the advice I can remember for now. At least with yours, the lever trigger is pre made. I had to machine one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users