CPVC and other barrel materials in the Netherlands

Wish we had a home depot

2 replies to this topic

#1 tycho

tycho

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:25 AM

In The Netherlands we don't have a home depot or any of the other stores from the USA,most of the time it ain't a problem because 3/4 of the stuff we need we can get from the Gamma (Sort of an home depot) but they don't have any CPVC or petg etc. so I was wondering,does anyone know of other stores where you could get them? I had to ship some CPVC for my nitefinder rifle but it is way to expensive to ship it every time.

Thanks in advance,

Tycho

#2 Birch

Birch

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:59 PM

I would try to look for architectural Aluminum tubing, as well as brass tubes. 

It's like a Hurricane ate a Tornado and shat out a Monsoon!!

#3 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:31 AM

Look for plumbing supplies or supply stores. I'm not sure what your market is like, but here in the states we use 1/2" CPVC as residential water supply lines and 1/2" PVC as (general? I don't think sinks or showers use it; might be a landscaping thing) drain line. We also use copper and are largely switching to PEX; PEX can apparently also serve as a barrel. Maybe look for electrical conduit as well, sometimes that works.

Also, the PETG, Aluminium, and Brass used as barrels are often purchased at *specific* sizes, where any kind of pipe is not consistent even here. I've dug through an entire bundle of CPVC to find only a few lengths that actually fit the darts. If you can't find pipe that works, look for plastic or metal tubing that does.

And watch out for metric/imperial issues. I've got no idea what metric pipe sizes even are, let alone which work for darts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users