Photo

Rapidstrike CS-18 Mag Release Jam - Help!

rapidstrike jam mag release cs-18

8 replies to this topic

#1 sweetlexie520

sweetlexie520

• FNG-FB 
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:27 AM

Good morning!

Have mercy, I'm brand-new. I read as much on this as I could, so hopefully I use the correct terminology. My son received a Nerf Rapidstrike CS-18 for Christmas two weeks ago, and now the mag release button is jammed. I included pictures below. He plays with it as any good 8 year old would - actively, but not irresponsibly. I don't believe there was a big drop to the ground or anything, but I don't know for sure.

The clip will not lock into place and therefore the gun will not power up. Taking the clip out, I saw two white spring-loaded buttons inside that I assume are related to holding the clip in place. They both jiggle, whereas the mag release button is completely frozen. I tried pushing both of the white buttons with a screwdriver, hoping to unlock the mag release button, but it didn't seem to do anything. 

Do I need to take the gun apart to get this fixed? Would it be better to get in touch with Nerf directly? Reading the forum, you guys seem to be the ones who know these guns inside and out - I'm sure you have the best workaround. Thank you!!

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160106_111513.jpg
  • 20160106_111524.jpg
  • 20160106_111609.jpg

#2 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

If your are good with a screwdriver and a camera. Try butterflying the gun and post that picture. Might help people trouble shoot it better.

#3 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:58 AM

I was able to fix a similar issue using the screw driver method you tried. However, I think opening up the blaster should fix the issue since it sounds like those locks are just stuck.

#4 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:24 PM

If you still have the box it may be best to simply exchange it at the store...it may be a "lemon" and have this problem repeatedly.

If not, do as DJ and shandsgator say.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#5 sweetlexie520

sweetlexie520

• FNG-FB 
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:11 PM

Box is long gone, lol. I'll take a screwdriver to it tomorrow and post pics of what I find inside. Thanks!

Edited by sweetlexie520, 06 January 2016 - 02:12 PM.

#6 HaruHaru

HaruHaru

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:31 PM

Yea it would seem to be an issue with the locks within the blaster. (It's safer to call nerf guns nerf blasters just FYI :P) As the others have said it would be best to take a screwdriver to it (#0 or #1 works best) and be careful with disassembling it cause the wires are two sided so don't yank it open. The locks are close to the mag release and are usually pieces of plastic. Take those out and see if it works again.

#7 Nerfguy2002

Nerfguy2002

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:15 PM

Yea it would seem to be an issue with the locks within the blaster. (It's safer to call nerf guns nerf blasters just FYI :P) As the others have said it would be best to take a screwdriver to it (#0 or #1 works best) and be careful with disassembling it cause the wires are two sided so don't yank it open. The locks are close to the mag release and are usually pieces of plastic. Take those out and see if it works again.

If that doesn't work, you could just put tape in the magwell to hold it in. Just throwing it out their.

#8 Felix the cat

Felix the cat

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:53 AM

Magazine release button on the rapidstrike is annoying to start with. Open it up and hot glue half a Popsicle stick or similar to it. Extended release for cheap.

#9 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:54 PM

That was why I mentioned butterflying because I wasn't sure if it was like alot of the flywheel blasters and had wires on both sides.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rapidstrike, jam, mag release, cs-18

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users