Hammershot not rotating properly

hammershot

4 replies to this topic

#1 Starboy

Starboy

• FNG-FB 
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:09 AM

Hi, so I recently got a new hammershot (which just I finished a paintjob and some modifications on), but I noticed that sometimes the barrel doesn't revolve as much as it should. It seems to get stuck somewhere inbetween postitions, and as a result, it sometimes presses the air restrictor even with no dart loaded, and the misalignment I'm sure impacts its performance.

Down the barrels:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm not certain exactly why it does this, it did did that out of the box but for whatever reason I paid no mind to it. I figured if I opened it up and looked at the rotation mech I could figure out the problem, but I can't seem to figure out what's wrong. Is it just a quality control thing, or something that can be fixed? Thanks!

Internals:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

edit: apologies if this is in the wrong place, I'm new and "darts and barrels" seemed like a good place to ask about a barrel rotation issue

Edited by Starboy, 31 December 2015 - 01:11 AM.

#2 xXD3V1LXx

xXD3V1LXx

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:39 AM

Show the back of the barrel sometimes when clipping out the ars a bump of plastic will pop up just sand it down till it is flat
A quote from Ice Nine
"Use the golden rule: Don't be a dick."

NERF On
-Devil

#3 Birch

Birch

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:56 AM

Are you sure that the running bar is interacting with the turret fully?

Thanks for all these pictures, rarely a noob has as good post quality as this.

It's like a Hurricane ate a Tornado and shat out a Monsoon!!

#4 Starboy

Starboy

• FNG-FB 
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:24 PM

Show the back of the barrel sometimes when clipping out the ars a bump of plastic will pop up just sand it down till it is flat

I thought that might have been the problem, but it continued even after I filed everything flat.

Are you sure that the running bar is interacting with the turret fully?

Thanks for all these pictures, rarely a noob has as good post quality as this.

It looks like the bar is going where it should be, and comparing it to another one I couldn't see any significant difference. I did notice that it seems to happen when I don't prime the blaster fast enough; it rotates fine when I prime it very quickly, but doesn't travel all the way if I don't (which is relatively common due to the nature of the priming mechanism).

#5 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:36 AM

Is the cam (the part on the back of the turret) loose somehow?

If you can, make the misalignment happen while the shell is open. Or, make the misalignment happen and then open the shell without disturbing anything. Either way, see if any of the internals look "off" at that point. It may be easier to do this if you take the mainspring out.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hammershot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users