boomco farshot halo magnum problems

7 replies to this topic

#1 An unnamed cell

An unnamed cell

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:24 PM

So.

I am making a (functional) Halo magnum prop, and am currently experiencing problems that I believe are connected to plunger lubrication. Before painting the blaster, I used teflon tape to cover pretty much the entire plunger head with a couple of layers (not too much though). At first, I used OMW silicone grease to lubricate the plunger, but after a couple of hours, the plunger tube is dry. Several weeks later I tried to solve that using Crosman pellgunoil for airsoft, but it was still not lubed enough. I decided that the plunger tube "lubrication level" did not have to be perfect. So I reassembled the blaster, primed it and fired it. My stock Maverick from a millennium ago had better performance. I took the gun apart, and removed the teflon tape above and below the O ring. Still, horrible performance. I've been tinkering with the air seal and springs for a couple of hours now, and I've come to the conclusion that I need advice. So.

Any guess on what I'm doing wrong?

Edited by An unnamed cell, 19 December 2015 - 11:15 PM.

The plebiest of the plebs.

#2 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:46 AM

check to make sure that some of the tape didnt come off and gum up the works somehow, then clean it all out anyway and start fresh. just a slight coating of silicone grease is all you should need, and if its real quality silicone grease it shouldnt "dry out" for a very long time. 

did you try firing it at all before tearing into it?

trans as shit because fuck you

#3 An unnamed cell

An unnamed cell

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:15 AM

Yes. It performed the way it should have before I did anything to it. 

#4 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:13 AM

Check as Californiapants suggested, but if that doesn't work then perhaps the plunger/lube is not the problem.

Is there any possibility that the barrel is not attached to the plunger tube correctly, or maybe you left a part out? Did you maybe get paint inside the barrel?

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#5 Balthazar Mosiac

Balthazar Mosiac

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:27 AM

Make sure the teflon tape is under the stock o-ring

#6 An unnamed cell

An unnamed cell

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:25 PM

Yep. Did all I could. Did not paint inside the barrel. I glued all the barrel parts together and then figured out Boomco doesn't like air seals. Pretty much, I removed all the tape and tested it to discover it works just fine now. 

#7 Cartaya

Cartaya

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:09 AM

The dart sensor, yea.....

Also, tip for the future, with the spring out and manually, by hand with the Plunger tube and Plunger head, does it takes a considerable amount of effort to pull? If so you have too much Teflon tape under the o ring defeating the purpose, creating too much drag upon firing. if you can get a perfect seal with little or no drag, it will be even better.

Edited by Cartaya, 21 December 2015 - 03:12 AM.

....Fear of a Nerf Planet!

#8 An unnamed cell

An unnamed cell

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:49 AM

Okay, thanks.

Edited by An unnamed cell, 21 December 2015 - 11:50 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boomco, farshot, halo, magnum, problems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users