Vulcan motor problems

Vulcan Motor Broken

8 replies to this topic

#1 MuffinToast

MuffinToast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:31 PM

Hello everybody! Well, to start the story, I got a Vulcan off EBay for $20. The seller said nothing about it not working, so I assumed that it was in working condition and as per usual, I was wrong. After going through the pain of opening it, I'm am quite stumped on what to do. From what I can tell the motor is dead and I am scared to mess with the beast as I am not the best at electronics...However, everything I can see is in working order, except the motor isn't working and the battery tray has a little bit of corrosion. 2008 electronics are different than 2015 electronics. Now what I need help with from you guys. 1. What would be a good replacement motor that is like the stock one? I'm going to be running everything stock, and normal D alkalines with it (yes, make fun of me as much as you want) because I am not really a hardcore nerfer. 2. What other things should I check, and if it is broken what could I use to replace it? Thank you all in advance, and if there is anything I'm missing in this please tell me. Next to the stryfe this is the only electronic blaster I've opened. Pictures (hopefully) will be included. (P.S. The final picture, I have no clue where that goes, as it popped out randomly.) -Thanks, Muffin

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#2 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:34 PM

Just use some sandpaper to remove the corrosion from the battery tray terminals. Problem solved.

Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#3 MuffinToast

MuffinToast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:38 PM

Just use some sandpaper to remove the corrosion from the battery tray terminals. Problem solved.

Willdo, Sir. I still need a motor though.

#4 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:13 AM

Willdo, Sir. I still need a motor though.

I'm saying your motor may not actually be dead and that the corrosion is preventing a closed circuit from being formed. Im nit sure what it was on the old Vulcans but they seemed to have this problem of corrosion. Ive never done a motor replacement so I am of little help to you here.

Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#5 MuffinToast

MuffinToast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:31 AM

I'm saying your motor may not actually be dead and that the corrosion is preventing a closed circuit from being formed. Im nit sure what it was on the old Vulcans but they seemed to have this problem of corrosion. Ive never done a motor replacement so I am of little help to you here.

I'll try that then. Thanks! 

P.S. nice anti-aircraft gun

#6 Felix the cat

Felix the cat

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:39 PM

Check the bar that powers the belt advancement. Damn thing breaks pretty easy.

#7 NevadaZielmeister

NevadaZielmeister

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:12 PM

So did this fix the problem? 

#8 Felix the cat

Felix the cat

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:13 PM

If he wants he can have mine for the cost of shipping. Motor works but I did the mana potion mod to it so god only knows for how much longer the motor will be good.

#9 MuffinToast

MuffinToast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:28 PM

So did this fix the problem? 

I haven't tried it yet, as I'm too lazy to go buy some sandpaper. I think it will though

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vulcan, Motor, Broken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users