What is the length of the Modulus Blaster Stock

Modulus Stock blaster length accesories strike defend

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ventiscogreen

Ventiscogreen

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 11:09 PM

I'm on the market for a nerf stock to meet my necessary length for comfort. I saw the Modulus Nerf Blaster Stock and thought that while I hope to never need that fifth backup in my redundant system of backup blaster, it looks cool and maybe even comfortable. What I need to decide on its potential is for somebody to take out a ruler and measure how long it is from mount to back. An image comparison to other stocks would also be nice if you want. Hug your cover and have a nice day.

#2 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:21 AM

okay so check this out, we're gonna learn something cool here today. how to find out the size of something based on something you already know with some simple math. a lesson in scale. here we go

first you need a good image of what you're trying to find info on, next to something that you know info on. like this:

710672ineiL._SL1500_.jpg

we have the thing you're looking for the size of (the blaster stock) and something you already know the size of (a streamline/elite/whatever). im assuming those are normal streamlines for this since i cant find anything otherwise. yes the picture is really big, but you want that for the next step. 

next, get out a ruler or other measuring device, and measure how big the dart is on your monitor. on mine, it is about 1 7/8 or 1.875. then take the length of the darts in real life, which is 2.75 inches. so now i know that in the version of the picture im looking at that every 1.875 inces = 2.75 inches in real life. now divide the real life measurement (2.75) by the the measurement of the picture (1.875) and you'll have your scale! mine comes out to about 1.45, which means that 1 inch on the screen is equal to 1.45 inches in real life

now measure how long the stock itself is, on mine its 7 inches, and multiply it by your scale we found out in the last step (1.45) and boom! now we have an approximate length of the thing (10.15)

now obviously this is not perfect as the picture isnt dead on from the side, but for a general length this is a great way to figure it out and get a good idea of what you're looking for.

trans as shit because fuck you

#3 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:46 PM

so i had to go by the hardware store today, and decided to stop by the toys r us next door to figure out how close i was with my scale. i dont usually have a tape on me at all times but i had one from going to the hardware store and decided why not, lets go.

20151129_155206.jpg

not bad! then i realized that the boxes dont have a separator between the parts, so i was able to slip my tape under the box and hook it to the end of the stock and measure to the orange part thats under the cardboard

20151129_155444.jpg

not bad at all! quarter of an inch off maybe, but thats more than close enough for you to get a good idea of how big something is. 

#4 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:18 PM

That's a nice tutorial, Pants. There's no guarantee that the ammo pictured wasn't 'shopped in from another photo, so I would've used a known quantity on the stock itself like the height of the socket on the front, or maybe something from the n-strike rail. But it looks like you nailed it regardless.

Edit: If you have GIMP (free photo editing software) there's a ruler tool that is great for this.
https://docs.gimp.or...ol-measure.html

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#5 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:55 PM

yeah, if the math came out weird or unrealistic i was going to go with part of the n-strike rail instead but i got real lucky.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Modulus, Stock, blaster, length, accesories, strike, defend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users