Photo

Selling Darts And Renting Rifles At Wars

9 replies to this topic

#1 jrbill2006

jrbill2006

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 March 2003 - 10:23 PM

Is it a good idea to sell darts at wars at or a little above cost(to help cover rental costs of park or pavillion rentals). Sell them like steffans in 1/2 and 5/8" in 25, 50, and 100 count packs. You just get your friends to get together and make an assembly line of them. Sell them like for about $4 for 100 (just a number off the top of my head) and you could also sell or rent sniper5k's to your friends for a couple dollars. then use them again at another war. They are cheap, and easy to make and use. Also give them a hand pump from the dollar store. this is also a good way to introduce more people to the sport.
Thats the beatuy of Global History, or whatever the hell we are doing in here.
-Dr. Finan

#2 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 March 2003 - 12:24 AM

Yeah, The Horsemen used to do this way back when we first started Nerfing.... basically we'd let someone use one of our guns for the day and they had to buy us lunch in return. If you're gonna rent darts you might as well just sell them, I don't think anyone would spend money to rent a foam dart that'll just get lost. I know we tried to start a similar arrangement with the LCM but it just led to them trying to rent our mad skillz too.... apparently they don't have any of their own either....sad. :D
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#3 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 24 March 2003 - 06:22 PM

I like that idea it may work. It would be just like a paintball field.

You sell them packs of 100 darts (they can pick them up off the grownd if they find them)

Charge a fee if they rent a gun.

This would also be a way to buy some kids nerf guns. Great idea.

#4 That Bald Guy

That Bald Guy

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 09:33 PM

The darts problem is easy, actually. You work out what kinds of guns people will be bringing a few days in advance. Assuming you have the skillz, get the local hobby shop or hardware store to give you a discount for the chance (yeah, right) to be advertised or set up a booth for the war. There are loads of people dying to turn a buck honestly by selling stuff to kids (Ok, maybe not that honest.) With your few days in advance, you make enough darts to at least justify selling them.
That Bald Guy: Definitely not the Eugene Stoner of the Nerf world.

#5 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 11:45 PM

Dude, I hope that was a joke.

Chance of hardware/hobby store sponsoring a Nerf war? Zilch.

Besides, the biggest expense (by far) in making decent darts is your time. The FBR, weight, and hot glue add up to a few cents per dart.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#6 That Bald Guy

That Bald Guy

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:08 AM

Let's just say sarcasm is my specialty as far as suggestions for nerf goes. In all honesty, I don't really see the draw in having a surfeit of darts in a Nerf skirmish. Limited ammo means expanded thinking.

#7 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 10:37 AM

Let's just say sarcasm is my specialty as far as suggestions for nerf goes. In all honesty, I don't really see the draw in having a surfeit of darts in a Nerf skirmish. Limited ammo means expanded thinking.

Stop that. Seriously.
Name's Ash, Housewares

#8 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 11:43 AM

Yeah, I'm with Ash on this one. I mean, do you take the time to think before you type or do you just let your cat run around on your keyboard some and then click "Post"? I don't mean to sound like a cock (ok maybe I do) but it's hard for me to justify respecting your feelings/ideas when I can't figure out what the fuck you're trying to say. Also I don't really think surfeit worked the way you intended it to there. Surfeit tends to be used when describing desires, food, drink, appetite, lust. Shit like that. The common word, surplus, would be more appropriate when speaking about actual quantities of supplies.

... heh you can always tell when someone is studying Medieval Literature in High School.....
.... I also believe Nerf should always be capitalized but that's just an opinion.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#9 That Bald Guy

That Bald Guy

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 12:36 AM

In other words you think I'm a blowhard.

#10 Howard

Howard

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 01:45 PM

That must be one smart cat silly.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users