#1 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts
  • NerfHaven Supporter
  • State:New York
  • Aeromech on Youtube

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:58 PM

Exactly what the title says. I know I've submitted at minimum a half a dozen homemade designs, (full writeups at that,) over the past two years, and despite direct-messaging Cheerios on at least one occassion, probably more, nothing has been done to correct the issue. I know others have submitted designs too, and I am unable to find the writeups even from the homemade contest last year in the directory. The mod directory is a little better, but by no means perfect, last edit was in April, and I'll bet with some certainty more mod guides were submitted since then.

Sure, it's selfish and petty, but how are newer builders going to be recognized when they put something up? You may say google search, but if it's an idea that one is unaware of, a google search is useless. (i.e. you can't search for something if you are unaware of it's existance.) The directory acts like a library, where one can comb through, look at the names and functions of the submitted homemades, and learn about them, even if without any prior knowledge. New stuff and one-off designs are documented there even if they aren't very practical, but are good for getting the mental gears turning if you want to build your own/ play with a new design.

The site is beautiful and more functional after the update. But this still hasn't been adressed after at least one year of waiting. And I'm sick of it. Rant over.

Edited by Aeromech, 23 November 2015 - 12:17 AM.

Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#2 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:20 AM

Congratulations Aeromech on your appointment to moderator of the Homemades forum! Thanks for volunteering.  You're welcome to manually update the directory thread if you like, but it would be especially helpful to go into the individual threads and tag them as "Writeup", as well as any other category or categories that you think are appropriate.  Setting up a page that automatically generates something resembling the directory thread based on tags is my job, and I'm already digging into it.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#3 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts
  • NerfHaven Supporter
  • State:New York
  • Aeromech on Youtube

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:24 AM

Congratulations Aeromech on your appointment to moderator of the Homemades forum! Thanks for volunteering.  You're welcome to manually update the directory thread if you like, but it would be especially helpful to go into the individual threads and tag them as "Writeup", as well as any other category or categories that you think are appropriate.  Setting up a page that automatically generates something resembling the directory thread based on tags is my job, and I'm already digging into it.

With pleasure, captian!

Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users