Photo

Sm1500 Firing Pin Broke

11 replies to this topic

#1 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 08:20 PM

I just got an old style SM1500 in the mail.I went warring with it today, and it wouldnt hold any air.On closer inspection, the black rubber thing on the firing pin came off.How can I fix this?
In case you don't understand, it's inside the air tank, the black rubber piece which seals the air from the barrel and releases the air when you pull the trigger.

also, the black piece is not inside the air tank, i removed it with a screw driver after it came off the pin.

Edited by LiKnSmAkScOmIn!, 31 July 2004 - 08:59 PM.

Morons With Guns own you.

#2 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 01:41 PM

Uh-oh....

Your only hope is to cut the tank in half, cross wise (about 1/4 inch from the seam in the middle), push the rubber "donut" back onto the firing pin, and epoxy/ Plumber's Goop the case halves together. It might help to get appropriately sized PVC tubing/ coupler to give some reinforcement, though it would change the outside dimensions of the air chamber and you'd have to modify your case to take the bigger piece.

I've tried fixing the same problem on one of my (new version) 1500s and I ended up ruining it and throwing it away. Ompa has had some success "expanding" his airtanks; perhaps your repair job could turn into a modification.

The only other thing is that after repairs, what's to say that the rubber seal won't pop again? Ours popped when the 1500 was pumped six times(!) and was fired with the muzzle downward. It shot right out and bounced at my son's feet. End of 1500.

At any rate, good luck with your repair job.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 01:48 PM

Eh, I've only done one, and that was on my sm5k... But hell, it worked well. Mod's up on Nerfevolved; a very nice site you should visit. Lots of mods.

~ompa

#4 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 03:27 PM

Moral, dont pump your sm1500s 6 times !

#5 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 08:13 PM

Can someone with a spare tank tell me what size pvc coupler to use?
Another question I have is how far do I need to sand the ridges in the air tank?
and can the piece coming off again be prevented by putting some goop on the place where it sits?

#6 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 08:38 PM

? Is this directed towards me? As I did a sm5k expansion, and it'll be different than an sm1500 expansion... You don't really need to goop the little knob, it only broke off because I was too impatient. You might need to sand down the ridges a bit, but not too much. Also, you might need a longer spring.

~ompa

#7 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 02:24 PM

Does the pvc coupler need to be a tight fit with the halves of my airtank casing?

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 04:44 PM

preferably, but I think plumber's goop should bridge any small gaps.

#9 Chrysophylax

Chrysophylax

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:01 AM

Holy shit!

Liknsmakscomin!, do you live in Buffalo? I think I know you.
"I FUCKING BEG OF YOU! MY FUCKING BROTHER WOULD GET OFF!"

--Mraow

#10 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 03:06 PM

I live in Fremont, California ^_^

#11 Chrysophylax

Chrysophylax

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:25 PM

Where the hell did you get your username then? I know a girl with the exact same screen name.
"I FUCKING BEG OF YOU! MY FUCKING BROTHER WOULD GET OFF!"

--Mraow

#12 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 01:43 PM

It's a nickname caused by a mispronounciation of my last name <_<

EDIT:
Posted Image
my ghetto clamp ^_^
Posted Image
Gooped the airtank, lets pray that this will be successful, and if it is, expect a mod write up-soon.

Edited by LiKnSmAkScOmIn!, 05 August 2004 - 02:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users