Forts/Cover

Ideas

3 replies to this topic

#1 GeshmanWG

GeshmanWG

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:38 AM

I plan to have a Nerf war for my youth group. As seen here. What do people generally use for temporary forts or cover? It will be in an open gym and I need something that provides cover, but is easy to set up and take down. It also needs to be as cheap as possibly, preferably made from something I have laying around, so I don't have to use my/the churches money.

#2 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:57 AM

I plan to have a Nerf war for my youth group. As seen here. What do people generally use for temporary forts or cover? It will be in an open gym and I need something that provides cover, but is easy to set up and take down. It also needs to be as cheap as possibly, preferably made from something I have laying around, so I don't have to use my/the churches money.

Cardboard boxes. You can probably scrounge them from stores nearby. I've used all the chairs, tables, and portable dividers that usually float around in a church/school for an effective indoor field before.

You could also look into mobstacles: PVC pipes joined together with a tarp thrown over them.

#3 nerfdude540

nerfdude540

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:26 PM

You said it would be in a gym, so I assume they let you use equipment if not, then sorry. Use the blue pads(usually blue) that they use for cheer or as mats in mat ball. They will have 3 creases so fold them as if they were a tri-fold board. They will provide a small fort they don't have to crouch to hide behind.

#4 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:16 PM

Throw a bed sheet over a couple chairs and clamp the sheet in place. You should be able to get several 6' long barriers that way. I always prefered to tip over folding tables though.
"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users