Super Power Your Modded Max Shot

Easy trick to super power a modded MS

23 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:00 PM

I've been trying to get my modded Maxshot to fire even harder, and I tried a simple trick that got me about 350 feet while arching my arm. I'm sure a lot of you probably do this already, but I just put a little bit of soap on the tip of a normal red micro. I used a thin stick as a plunger to push the dart all the way down the PVC barrel, and it got incredible distance and power. It stayed fairly accurate too. Before, when I tried stuffing the bullet down the barrel, it often got jammed. If you lube up the tip, it flies beautifully. It's obviously nothing revolutionary, but just something to try if you need a little extra power on your shots. I find it gets people to surrender a whole lot faster than they normally would. This thing stings up close. You might want to try something that will keep it lubed longer than soap, such as WD40 or the equivalent.

#2 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:05 PM

350 feet, that's BS.

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:05 PM

Sorry man, but 350 feet is a little unbelieveable, even for arched... Unless you had a wind factor. Anyways, that's a neat little idea, I've always had a few problems here and there. Nothing too bad, but I might as well try it out. Thanks for the idea.

~ompa

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:38 PM

about 350 feet while arching my arm.

a·bout
adv.

1. Approximately; nearly: The interview lasted about an hour.

bull·shit
n.

1. Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
2. Something worthless, deceptive, or insincere.
3. Insolent talk or behavior.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 Nerfy BuNNy

Nerfy BuNNy

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:59 PM

You said that if from close it would sting:

If a gun got that range, it would not sting at all if it hit you.
You're freaking body would have a dent and bad bruise and would be bleeding.
And I am not kidding. This is what happened with my guns. Even though it was a normal stock dart, It would still maybe make you bleed, thats just like wipping you with a rubber whip.

Airtech 2000 (Single Barreled) Stefan Range: 94 FT
Shot from 20 Ft away, Made someone bleed like mad.

BBB, Single Barreled (TURRETED) Stock Range : 65-71 Feet.
From 3 feet made someone bruise really badly and it wasnt at the bottom of the barrel. so imagine 350 Feet.

Unless you say 350 Inches or centimeters something then I'll believe you.

#6 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 06:17 PM

You said that if from close it would sting:

If a gun got that range, it would not sting at all if it hit you.
You're freaking body would have a dent and bad bruise and would be bleeding.
And I am not kidding. This is what happened with my guns. Even though it was a normal stock dart, It would still maybe make you bleed, thats just like wipping you with a rubber whip.

Airtech 2000 (Single Barreled) Stefan Range: 94 FT
Shot from 20 Ft away, Made someone bleed like mad.

BBB, Single Barreled (TURRETED) Stock Range : 65-71 Feet.
From 3 feet made someone bruise really badly and it wasnt at the bottom of the barrel. so imagine 350 Feet.

Unless you say 350 Inches or centimeters something then I'll believe you.

Um, huh?

If your darts make someone bleed as explosively as your words dEffeminatet, you sir, need a lesson on making Stefans.

I believe bruises and welts from darts and high powered blasters, but I don't believe in bleeding explosively and unrelentively. It just can't happen unless you make your darts with needles on the end.

To the claim: 350' is, as Cx very nicely defined for you, bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit. Darts don't fly that far out of a spud gun for christ's sake. So you claim a MShot can do it. Lovely. And Soap too? Wow, I think you should enter the "useless thoughts competition" and post that little epiphany.

Seriously though, I can't believe that you thought we would accept that as a valid claim. I mean, after all of the other failed claims, why claim that... out of a spring gun?

Sorry about that, I really needed to vent that.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#7 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 06:20 PM

Dove or antibacterial soap...

THIRST
ko

#8 Guest_ALIENfromMars_*

Guest_ALIENfromMars_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2004 - 06:55 PM

I've been trying to get my modded Maxshot to fire even harder, and I tried a simple trick that got me about 350 feet while arching my arm.

Complete Bullshit. No Nerf Blaster will ever hit the 300 feet mark, unless you fire it out of a tank. Nerfy_BuNNy, CaptainCC listen up: You two n00bs are getting on my nerves recently. You should think what you post BEFORE you write an article. And be more carefull, I bet you're already on CXWQ's red list.

Be aware.

#9 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 07:01 PM

Nerf_Bunny isnt a newb. Infact he joined only a month after you.

Edited by NinjZ, 31 July 2004 - 07:03 PM.

#10 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 07:45 PM

the date you join the forums doesnt classify whether you are a noob or 1337 shiat... Lubing darts and barrels has ALWAYS been a way to get increased range -- even HAL used to do it. You just endup with gooeyass darts and hands from picking up the goop-covered darts. This is OBVIOUSLY a completely GUESTIMATED range, but yes, of course lubed darts that typically have high jam/friction rate will fly better lubed...
~SS

#11 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 07:51 PM

NB didnt start this thread about lubing darts. He was talking about something totally different.

#12 Guest_ALIENfromMars_*

Guest_ALIENfromMars_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2004 - 08:19 PM

Nerf_Bunny isnt a newb. Infact he joined only a month after you.

Ouch. My Bad. Sorry Nerf_Bunny.

Sorry, I'm always overreacting if somebody writes "My Blaster can shoot over 300 feet!!!". We should write a warning into the code of conduct, like:

"We know a Nerf Blaster can't shoot Darts over 300 feet. Don't even try to post your Blaster can."

#13 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 10:29 PM

I could understand 150', but 350'? :lol:

there's only one way you could do that, and this might not even work:

Load a blank round into a .50 calibur rifle.
put a metal plate on the back end of your dart
ram it down to the back of the barrel
go stand on a ten story building
Arch your aim
FIRE!!!!
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#14 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 10:44 PM

Isn't it that a stefan can only travel around 200'? I don't remember which thread I read it in, but it had to do something with the aerodynamics of the stefans themselves.

~ompa

#15 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 10:53 PM

I remember back in the days of Nerf Online, someone posted about taking a stefan, and loading it in a 410 gauge shotgun, using a shell with the shot removed. Claimed the sucker could go about 2000+ feet. In reality though, I think that the dart would just incinerate from the heat of the gunpowder burning.

I'm sorry, CaptainCC, but you may need to get your eyes checked to read your ranges better. There is no way in hell that a spring-loaded gun can fire a stefan 350', even after heavy modding and physics-degree-esque precision tuning.

This reminds me of the days when Xcaliber posted about his Strongarm that shot 60+ or 80 feet or whatever.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#16 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 11:24 PM

Hey dont underestimate teh StrongArm. I PVC modded one and it was getting 50' respectivley. With brass or cpvc it could most certainly get another 5-10'. That plunger head has a great seal with the plunger tube.

Did you measure this 350' or did you just estimate??

#17 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:05 AM

Ok, I kinda belive what you said........... hu,what? You mean you got it to shoot 350? Ooooh!, I thought you said 250...

Unless...
you had extreme wind conditions
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#18 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:31 AM

Complete Bullshit. No Nerf Blaster will ever hit the 300 feet mark, unless you fire it out of a tank.

a tank? it would go into orbit. if it made it to the end of the barrel as a solid.
nerfologically, there's no physical block to doing it. CO2 a pump gun, add higher-pressure fittings, use smaller ammo.
you throw around the word "impossible" pretty freely.

bleeding from an at3k shot? i shoot myself in the hand all the time with my ss2, similar range to your ss2. you're either a pathological liar or you use hypodermics instead of stefans.

#19 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 10:35 AM

Stefans could be fired from a 150mm artillery piece. The sabot would be huge and would keep the dart from burning.

My extensively-modded (both internal and cosmetically) singled At3k will make someone bleed at 20 ft. Then again those darts did weigh 3/4 oz. Most accurate darts I ever made.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#20 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:12 PM

Woah, no wonder so many replies. It was a typo. I'm only a n00b to your forums. I've been around longer than most of you. Try it though-- boosts your range significantly. Mine got about 95 feet on average before the mod. 150ish with the lubrication.

Edited by CaptainCC, 01 August 2004 - 12:35 PM.

#21 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:19 PM

a 255 foot typo ^_^
Morons With Guns own you.

#22 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 01:07 PM

HAHAHA thats a big typo
Im a Sharp Shooter YE HAAAA

HAHAHA

#23 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 01:29 PM

Well, guys, at least he was big enough to admit he screwed up on his thread/ post...

But Mr. Captain CC, you have learned the hard way what happens when you don't double check your posts.

I think your credibility for future modifications/ distance claims has been wiped out for a long, long time.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#24 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 01:30 PM

wow, two keys over.
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users