• 781 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:54 PM

NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#4 Birch

Birch

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:31 PM

What is the diameter of the rival balls?

It's like a Hurricane ate a Tornado and shat out a Monsoon!!

#5 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:26 PM

Posted Image

#6 xXhunter47Xx

xXhunter47Xx

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:54 PM

how does it push the balls forward

Gravity, looks like.

Also I'm sad that the rivals ammo is way bigger than a standard paintball.
I really wanted to hook up my Virtue Spire to it and have it rip on the field but oh well.

#7 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:35 PM

There's no way you can verify the number of balls my mom can hold... I submit a motion for you to remove this baseless claim!

But seriously, glad to see you're still ghettoing things together!

Last of the Sex Dwarves, Head of Waifu Relations, Fetishizer of Blasters, The Far Warring, Mini-Van Driver, Possessor of Mattels, and Warden of the Manongahela

We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#8 CCBall

CCBall

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:46 PM

Posted Image

Can you make a how-to? I could also send you a Zeus to modify for me.
I'm just a nerd with Asperger's Syndrome and a few electronics.

#9 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:10 PM

It might take me 3-4 weeks before I could make a how to... I personally do not like the hopper, its just too damn big. When I designed it, I intended to use a straight tube that held 10 rounds or so with a funnel on the top to fill it fast. I guess if i had 10 packs of ammo to fill the hopper it would make up for the obstruction and goofy feel of the hopper.

Ive got something weird going on tomorrow, let me see if Im going to have enough time to take it apart and get more pics. I could be convinced to send you this one and then build another when I have time.

Don

#10 CCBall

CCBall

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:03 PM

It might take me 3-4 weeks before I could make a how to... I personally do not like the hopper, its just too damn big. When I designed it, I intended to use a straight tube that held 10 rounds or so with a funnel on the top to fill it fast. I guess if i had 10 packs of ammo to fill the hopper it would make up for the obstruction and goofy feel of the hopper.

Ive got something weird going on tomorrow, let me see if Im going to have enough time to take it apart and get more pics. I could be convinced to send you this one and then build another when I have time.

Don

You actually mean you might send this to me? I actually like the look of the hopper. It reminds me of old paintball guns, not that I own any or that I am old enough to have actually seen any in person.

Edited by CCBall, 03 September 2015 - 08:49 PM.

#11 finitewhite

finitewhite

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:44 PM

Gravity, looks like.

Also I'm sad that the rivals ammo is way bigger than a standard paintball.
I really wanted to hook up my Virtue Spire to it and have it rip on the field but oh well.

That's probably intentional. To be honest, the first thing I wanted to know when I heard about the HI/RIVAL rounds was, if they'd fit in a paintball gun. The guys at NERF problably knew that someone would try to do that, so they made it a different size.

finitewhite

Edited by finitewhite, 04 September 2015 - 03:45 PM.

#12 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:05 PM

That's probably intentional. To be honest, the first thing I wanted to know when I heard about the HI/RIVAL rounds was, if they'd fit in a paintball gun. The guys at NERF problably knew that someone would try to do that, so they made it a different size.

finitewhite

They DO make foam/reusable paintballs, though I hear those are not fun to get hit with. They seem to have smartly placed their ammo size between golf ball and paint ball, so as not to be harmful or easily replaced by our experimenting. Hopefully the cost per round goes down if they become more mainstream.

#13 zack0909

zack0909

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:41 AM

"This blaster holds more balls than your mom" lmao

#14 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:22 PM

I will sell you the blaster for its retail value plus shipping. Give me a little while longer to make sure its not going to break again. Im planning on using it at a war.

Don

#15 CCBall

CCBall

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:10 PM

I will sell you the blaster for its retail value plus shipping. Give me a little while longer to make sure its not going to break again. Im planning on using it at a war.

Don

That sounds like a plan. I need to check with my grandparents first though.

#16 TheOrk

TheOrk

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:36 PM

Thanks for the good "inside" view as well as for this ammo idea :)

Do you think any flywheel-blaster could be turned into this kind of ball throwing machine by adjusting the flywheels?

#17 Far More Badass

Far More Badass

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:03 AM

Add a bend in the feeder tube so the hopper sits off to the side of your choice not inpacting your line of sight. Please do a write-up. I wanna go balls to the wall with a Zeus after I finish my Rapidstrike and I don't like the enormous ammo set-up that is available already from someone else.

#18 Birch

Birch

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:55 AM

Thanks for the good "inside" view as well as for this ammo idea :)

Do you think any flywheel-blaster could be turned into this kind of ball throwing machine by adjusting the flywheels?

Yes, but a whole new flywheel cage, as well as maybe even the flywheels themselves would have to be machined, and for that kind of money, you might as well just buy a zeus. 

It's like a Hurricane ate a Tornado and shat out a Monsoon!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users