CANCELLED

51 replies to this topic

#1 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:02 AM

Cancelled due to lack of attendants

Price: $25 dollars preregistered. $30 dollars at the door.

Pregistration: Paypal me at THIS account. $15 is the minimum amount for a pre-registration, the full $25 dollars is preferred. Pre-registration fee is non-refundable unless event is cancelled.

First 5 people to pre-register will get 5 dollars off.
(Past 5 people)
I need at least 25 people for this event. If the event is cancelled for whatever reason I'll refund the paypal payments.

For those of you unfamiliar with Plains Airsoft Arena, it's a airsoft arena that is perfect for our nerf wars.

• 30,000 Square Feet!
  • Many buildings, including two that are two stories
  • Great engagement distances for nerf
  • Flag pulley system for objectives (Domination/Territories style games actually work here)
  • Electronic bomb with plant/defuse functions
  • Respawn corners with cover
  • Friendly staff that will ref our games

Date: To be selected, it'll be a Sunday in Nov 2015

Start/End Time: 9AM to 5PM

Waiver: Required for all players. If you are under 18, it is imperative that you print and have this waiver completed by your legal guardian, or have them complete the waiver there. Waiver can be found at here.

Rules:
  • No blasters shooting over 3 joules. This equates to ~254 FPS with a 1 gram dart
  • Slugs are the preferred ammunition. Other darts must be deemed non-hazardous but most darts used within the NIC are allowed
  • Eye protection is required
  • All participants must be 13 years or older
  • If you're being a prick I'll ask you to leave

Pictures from the last event.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by koree, 18 October 2015 - 04:14 PM.

#2 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:01 AM

Hey look its a me. As of now all those dates work for me. As it gets closer I'll be able to figure it out.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#3 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:54 AM

I think I should be good for any of those dates, if something comes up I will let you know.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#4 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:34 AM

I definitely want to go and I will try my best to make my way over because it's near my bday. Why the fuck is everything sunday though?

#5 clownieX

clownieX

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:41 PM

Any date is good for me, just need enough tume between posting of war and date of war fir notice at work. Tipicly 2-3 weeks, but the longer the better.

#6 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

I am interested.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#7 Shoopy

Shoopy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:41 PM

Yes Please Koree. Finally a war that is only 1hr and 15min away!
You know you all want to crouch like a tiger...

PA POWER Clan Is that all ya got?

#8 Drev

Drev

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:24 PM

The last one was amazing and I hope I can make it again. I'm free the first and last Sunday, but since I'll be having school the day after it might be hard for me to get all the way up and back.
Check out my blog: Fly Nerf

#9 Shade Wolf

Shade Wolf

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:13 PM

I'll do my best to make it. No doubt, I'll also drag my girlfriend and a friend along as well.
I Mod and know things.

#10 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:49 PM

Date set to Nov. 1st.

Please pre-register.

Edited by koree, 05 September 2015 - 12:50 PM.

#11 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:54 PM

Paid. Now I have to find a way over there, who can drive me? I'll pay 15 for gas

Lets do this

Edited by Snoop Doggy doge, 07 September 2015 - 08:37 PM.

#12 bhajj94

bhajj94

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:47 PM

I will be in attendance any of those dates.
Probably lurking somewhere...

#13 beaker only

beaker only

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:56 AM

i will definitely make it to this. not sure if i can pre reg as paypal hates me. but like last time i will be rolling in with clownie.

downside. i now have to really move it to finish blasters in time for the war.
the difference between science and screwing around is writing things down.

#14 clownieX

clownieX

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:48 AM

Beaker has stated my intent on attendance. I will be hopeing on a +2.....plus Beaker.

#15 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:21 AM

I'm a possible, with maybe a +1. Whether I can come or not depends on a few variables. Anyone need any slugs?

#16 Jupiter

Jupiter

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:00 AM

I'll be there. Sent you the prereg fee, Koree. I'll see if Yoona and/or Cassie is interested.

#17 Alfatrooper

Alfatrooper

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:25 PM

I would love to attend. The only problem is the 3.5 hour drive (with no stopping). The last event was so amazing that the drive is worth it. I am trying to get a carpool and a group of us might get hotel rooms.

See you on the field, Alfatrooper                                                                                             My YouTube

#18 joedimarco

joedimarco

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:50 AM

I'm a possible, with maybe a +1. Whether I can come or not depends on a few variables. Anyone need any slugs?

I could use some. What do you charge?

#19 clownieX

clownieX

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:06 PM

Just like to put this out thier. All are welcome to stay at my place. Drive can be long, especially on the way back. I live in the Harrusburg PA area (central PA). One couch, but floor space for anyone. Also, a shop. So you can finish all your dart smithing the night before.

#20 DblDrgn

DblDrgn

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:41 AM

Is there any plan to have a super stock or SAMBO style war at this facility?

I would love to attend a nerf war but I do not have NIC level blasters so I probably won't attend this particular war unless there's a chance you will be running a few SAMBO games. I'm interested in any super stock or SAMBO style nerf wars, and seeing that you have a pretty good group of participants already, I'm hoping that you will consider adding in SAMBO style nerf wars to widen the pool of potential participants for these events.

#21 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:00 PM

I would love to attend a nerf war but I do not have NIC level blasters so I probably won't attend this particular war unless there's a chance you will be running a few SAMBO games. I'm interested in any super stock or SAMBO style nerf wars, and seeing that you have a pretty good group of participants already, I'm hoping that you will consider adding in SAMBO style nerf wars to widen the pool of potential participants for these events.

What exactly are SAMBO and "super stock?"

#22 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:30 PM

With the objective type games and the lack of awkward long range standoffs due to cover you will not be at a disadvantage with stock guns. One of the great things about this field is that it allows a huge variety of blasters to be perfectly competitive. I have no intention of hosting stock or super stock or any of those types of wars here.

#23 DblDrgn

DblDrgn

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:26 AM

What exactly are SAMBO and "super stock?"

S.A.M.B.O. = Stock Ammo, Modified Blasters OK

My understanding is that when people say "SAMBO" and "super stock" they mean lightly modified Nerf blasters, using stock ammo like Nerf brand darts or preferably knock off darts like "koosh". For instance, I have a Nerf Rampage blaster that I have modified to shoot around 90 Feet Per second simply by swapping the spring, bringing it up to a "super stock" performance level blaster.

With the objective type games and the lack of awkward long range standoffs due to cover you will not be at a disadvantage with stock guns. One of the great things about this field is that it allows a huge variety of blasters to be perfectly competitive. I have no intention of hosting stock or super stock or any of those types of wars here.

Ok, so it sounds like I should bring a very competitive super stock blaster if I want to offset the other players' advantage of having more FPS. I'm curious, do you allow Rapidstrike blasters or any other fully automatic super stock blasters on the field?

Edited by DblDrgn, 16 September 2015 - 11:32 AM.

#24 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:03 PM

Pretty sure you can bring anything you want. I'm sure someone will lend you a homemade, I probably can. Also, I believe anything stock is allowed (though looked down upon) but if you wreck with it, more power to you. I'll probably be goofy a round or 2 and bring my ret.

#25 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:29 PM

Ok, so it sounds like I should bring a very competitive super stock blaster if I want to offset the other players' advantage of having more FPS. I'm curious, do you allow Rapidstrike blasters or any other fully automatic super stock blasters on the field?

I've only put one type of restriction. Clearly, if whatever gun you're using causes problems the day of the event, I may talk to you about it to resolve the situation. Last time we had several sceptors and we had no problems with them, and I'm pretty sure there were a few full auto guns too.

Edited by koree, 16 September 2015 - 04:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users