Rapidstrike Batteries

Rapidstrike Batteries

6 replies to this topic

#1 dustylungs

dustylungs

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:05 AM

I am modifying my first flywheel gun and have chosen the Rapidstrike. I have already ordered a stage 2 wiring loom from blastertech. I wont be changing the motors yet and will look to do that at a later stage. what batteries and how many would be best to use ultrafires/trustfires or IMR's? the wiring loom will be soldered to a 4x AA battery case.

#2 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:11 PM

Most people use LiPo batteries, either a 2S (2 cell) or 3S (3 cell) pack works well.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#3 Raisinbran

Raisinbran

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:01 PM

3-4 Trustfires or IMR's will work for your cause. But like mentioned earlier, LiPo's are the best. Low voltage, but high currency, which is KEY. Hope that helped.
You're a great nerf modder! So keep up the great work and be awesome! :D :D :D :D :D

#4 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:57 AM

If you want to stick with stock motors, I'd suggest limiting yourself to a 2S LiPo or 2 IMRs (around 7 volts). Any higher voltage than that will wear out the brushes in your stock motors quickly.

Also, AA-sized IMRs are likely to give you poor performance during full auto fire due to their low current. A LiPo, LiFe, or even NiMH pack is better suited for the rapidstrike.

Edited by jwasko, 28 July 2015 - 09:01 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#5 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:10 PM

I have already ordered a stage 2 wiring loom from blastertech.

People actually buy these things? $54 plus shipping from Australia seems... really expensive for what it is.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#6 Lunas

Lunas

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:09 PM

I use a pair of 18650 IMR in my rapidstrike a pair of 26650 would fit too and not need a tray of their own. and you can get 26650 that can do up to 30-60A with a rather high capacity.

alternately the lipo pack would also fit all you do is remove 2 screws from the stock tray the front plate comes off and you then shove the lipo in the stock area and put the plate back...

#7 DashTihom

DashTihom

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:15 PM

Lipos are the best and most efficient battery. If you must use imp's or trustfires, Imr batteries are far better than trust fires because they can output a lot more current. I would use 2-3 imr's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users