Photo

Ultimator Rockets

7 replies to this topic

#1 UltimatorOnEbay

UltimatorOnEbay

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:03 PM

Has anyone found a cheap source for Ultimator missiles? I have looked into crafting them from pool noodles but the inside of the home made rocket looks like a squirrel's nest! I have one missile without fins. I should probably just cut some out of some craft foam from the gabby shop but I'm not sure what type of foam is closest to stock.

#2 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:59 PM

Draconis (to a greater extent) and myself have been working on developing rockets for the Ultimator and XXL Bazooka for a while. I have a few prototypes in the works, and I intend to develop an officially released product eventually. Draconis will probably post here too and share his more extensive insight on this topic. We've both used pool noodles, foam balls, and craft foam to produce ours.

Here is a picture of one my prototypes.

Posted Image

Edited by venom213, 21 July 2015 - 11:03 PM.

#3 UltimatorOnEbay

UltimatorOnEbay

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:10 PM

Draconis (to a greater extent) and myself have been working on developing rockets for the Ultimator and XXL Bazooka for a while. I have a few prototypes in the works, and I intend to develop an officially released product eventually. Draconis will probably post here too and share his more extensive insight on this topic. We've both used pool noodles, foam balls, and craft foam to produce ours.

Here is a picture of one my prototypes.

Posted Image

Thanks for the advice!

#4 Ekd

Ekd

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:27 PM

I posted about something similar but didn't get quite what I wanted what did you use to weight the missle was it just re ball or did you put something else in the missle?

#5 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:41 AM

I posted about something similar but didn't get quite what I wanted what did you use to weight the missle was it just re ball or did you put something else in the missle?

The balls are all you really need, and in fact can prove to be too heavy sometimes. Venom and I are also using some special 2" plastic caps that I ordered specifically to act like the sleeves I use in the 1" ID rockets. They work pretty well and increase the strength and durability by quite a bit. If anyone is interested, I still have lots.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#6 Ekd

Ekd

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:53 PM

The balls are all you really need, and in fact can prove to be too heavy sometimes. Venom and I are also using some special 2" plastic caps that I ordered specifically to act like the sleeves I use in the 1" ID rockets. They work pretty well and increase the strength and durability by quite a bit. If anyone is interested, I still have lots.

Ill have to try to make some thx for the info how far does a stock ultinator shoot btw I've heard it shoots anywhere from 50 to 120 feet

#7 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:51 AM

how far does a stock ultinator shoot btw I've heard it shoots anywhere from 50 to 120 feet

It will depend a lot on the condition of the blaster, but it doesn't shoot nearly that far.

#8 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:21 AM

Ill have to try to make some thx for the info how far does a stock ultinator shoot btw I've heard it shoots anywhere from 50 to 120 feet

If it's very important I could try and get some ranges but the original ammo is so wildly unstable that any kind of range measurement would need to have a huge sample size to weed out the crazy outliers. Also, my stock rockets are in poor condition, to say the least. I'd say 50' with a rocket is technically possible, but is more about the rocket and the wind than the blaster.

Once upon a time I converted my Ultimator down to standard stefans and it did shoot in the 100-120' range, but that shouldn't be surprising at all, considering the volume of air. It was also able to shotgun 7 of 11 darts from an inline clip.

Edited by sublimedom777, 13 August 2015 - 12:26 AM.

Last of the Sex Dwarves, Head of Waifu Relations, Fetishizer of Blasters, The Far Warring, Mini-Van Driver, Possessor of Mattels, and Warden of the Manongahela

We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users