Photo

Longshot AR Question

Can you upgrade the spring but leave the AR?

5 replies to this topic

#1 F man 47

F man 47

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:55 AM

I had bought a NIB yellow longshot at Toys R Us in HK for $250 today, and am wondering if anyone has upgraded the spring without removing the stock air restrictor. I saw a EAT mod by Coop that upgraded the spring to a OMW aftermarket spring but left the air restrictors in the blaster as he said that removing the air restrictors are not as beneficial anymore. Would the same apply for a stock yellow longshot?

#2 blazenb

blazenb

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • State:North Carolina

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:28 AM

It is slightly beneficial adds about 10 ft that's a estimate, but as you know you won't be able to dry fire anymore
Er mer gerd it's batman nahnahnahnahnahnahnahnahnahnah BATMAN!!!

#3 F man 47

F man 47

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:13 PM

It is slightly beneficial adds about 10 ft that's a estimate, but as you know you won't be able to dry fire anymore

Will I have to reinforce the boltsled if i remove the AR's?

#4 blazenb

blazenb

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • State:North Carolina

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:15 PM

No you only will have to do that if you upgrade the spring to 7kg+
Er mer gerd it's batman nahnahnahnahnahnahnahnahnahnah BATMAN!!!

#5 Bayonet M8

Bayonet M8

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • State:Massachusetts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:41 PM

The old ARs you have to remove. Unlike the new ARs, these ones block a lot more air. If you watch Coop's longshot mod tutorial for the ZS ver, he mentions it. The "new" ones are just repaints so you have to remove them. Pad the plunger if you want to be able to dry fire.

#6 SkullBunny

SkullBunny

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • State:Illinois

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:57 PM

From my knowledge and my previous mods, the best thing you can do for springers is upgrading the springs. With the post 2013-ish blasters. AR removal is not very helpful because they don't heavily affect the airflow. This however is not the case with old blasters especially longshots. They were made in 2006 and have giant ARs that do heavily block the airflow and are meant for streamline darts. Even without upgrading the spring, if done right, can up your distance. With a spring addition this will greatly help the range. As everyone else said you should definitely pad your plunger head and possibly remove the dead space with hot glue or some 3d printed part. Those are the 3 basic mods to do to make your longshot much more functional. You could always try the spring upgrade with the AR and see though. Just my two cents.
(✿◕‿◕)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users