The "REKTOR"

My first write up. excuse the images

10 replies to this topic

#1 NineOfSpades

NineOfSpades

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:53 PM

So.. I am a fan of the Retaliator and all, but I am just not happy with the ranges; so I made it better!

....And thus the REKTOR was born....

First I disassembled every little thing in the Retaliator (Barrel and stock too) and lain it out on a tarp to paint it, like so:

Posted Image

I was sure to take out everything on the retaliator itself,because I was going to be testing coop's theory of a "professional look" to the gun if you paint the insides. But, of course, I was going to duct tape the parts where the internals move.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Next I applied the inside coat. All I did was one layer of Krylon Color Mix Oxford Blue Satin, and was sure to get the edges.

Posted Image

Then flip it!

Posted Image

Then I did 3 coats of the same color on the front of each piece, and it looked like this:

Posted Image

Next I did a white stripe, because YOLO.

Posted Image

After letting it fully dry (24 Hours) I removed the tape.

Posted Image

Then I installed the Orange Mod Works Retaliator Stage 1 and 2 kits. It looked like this:

Posted Image

After reassembling it, it looked very nice if I do say so myself, and coop WAS right, the inside paint gave it a professional look. Good discovery coop!

Posted Image

The blaster gets much better ranges with the OMW kits installed. I measured the smallest distance was 65 ft, and the greatest was 101 feet.
Thanks for reading, and please excuse the poor image quality, the only camera I could use at that moment was a phone camera....

Edited by NineOfSpades, 20 June 2015 - 12:47 AM.

YouTube channel coming up soon!

They see me rolling; they be hatin'

#2 zack0909

zack0909

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:29 PM

Pics don't seem to be working.

#3 NineOfSpades

NineOfSpades

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:25 AM

Pics don't seem to be working.

Crap they aren't

#4 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:07 PM

Most users here on NH will tell you to use photobucket, but if you can't quite figure it out Imgur.com is a great hosting service.

I like it much more than PB.

#5 Number 1 nerf nut

Number 1 nerf nut

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:06 PM

Most users here on NH will tell you to use photobucket, but if you can't quite figure it out Imgur.com is a great hosting service.

I like it much more than PB.

Yea, Imgur.com is a great image hosting site.

1 Peter 2:24 "Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

Get Ready for Jesus, He is coming soon!

#6 NineOfSpades

NineOfSpades

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:07 PM

I just don't know exactly how to show the pic here on NH. I am using photo bucket and I have no problem uploading

#7 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:12 AM

I just don't know exactly how to show the pic here on NH. I am using photo bucket and I have no problem uploading

After uploading, go to that picture in your photobucket album. It should list several links on the right side of the page; right click the one labeled "IMG". It should start and end with "IMG."

I tried just copy/pasting some of the URLs in your post into my address bar and they didn't work, so I'm not sure what you did wrong. Did you just copy/paste what was in your address bar and add the IMG code tags yourself? Or, did you move the photos into a new album after you got these IMG links? Moving albums breaks IMG links.

Just an example:
[IMG]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t258/jwasko1988/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150210_002653.jpg[/IMG]
gives:
Posted Image

If you go here you should see the IMG link for that photo to copy/paste.

Edited by jwasko, 19 June 2015 - 11:43 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#8 NineOfSpades

NineOfSpades

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:13 PM

After uploading, go to that picture in your photobucket album. It should list several links on the right side of the page; right click the one labeled "IMG". It should start and end with "IMG."

I tried just copy/pasting some of the URLs in your post into my address bar and they didn't work, so I'm not sure what you did wrong. Did you just copy/paste what was in your address bar and add the IMG code tags yourself? Or, did you move the photos into a new album after you got these IMG links? Moving albums breaks IMG links.

Just an example:

[IMG]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t258/jwasko1988/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150210_002653.jpg[/IMG]
gives:
Posted Image

If you go here you should see the IMG link for that photo to copy/paste.

I copy pasted the url 😐

#9 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:02 PM

Almost got it. The URLs work if you get rid of the first version of each one that end in "...jpg.html]".
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#10 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:55 AM

Oh, for heaven's sakes...just copy/paste everythingt that's in the white box below into your first post (and please don't quote this in a reply so I can delete it after you're done):

EDIT: Jwasko is [s]awesome[/s] totally rad.

Edited by jwasko, 14 July 2015 - 11:18 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#11 Number 1 nerf nut

Number 1 nerf nut

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:36 PM

EDIT: Jwasko is awesome totally rad.

That's funny. :lol:

1 Peter 2:24 "Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

Get Ready for Jesus, He is coming soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users