Demolisher mod

I need some opinions

13 replies to this topic

#1 NineOfSpades

NineOfSpades

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:08 AM

So I am working on a Demolisher any I already took out all the locks any sawed off the rocket launcher, but I am wondering two things, 1: what batteries should I use? 3 Trust Fires and a dummy? Or something else? 2: If I paint, should I paint the inner shell too? Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie, but I've been modding for at least 4 months now so I still got questions! Thanks.
YouTube channel coming up soon!

They see me rolling; they be hatin'

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:58 AM

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but generally speaking I think trustfires are (really filter?) not used commonly nowadays. People seem to gravitate towards LiPo batteries, although admittedly the initial investment is greater than trustfires. The type of LiPo battery of course is dependent on the motors you are running, and that I'm not entirely well-versed in that particular area.

In terms of painting, I would think you'd want to avoid painting the inner shell, just to avoid any potential issues with moving parts and shell fit.

Edited by ompa, 12 June 2015 - 01:11 AM.

#3 Lunas

Lunas

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:02 AM

So I am working on a Demolisher any I already took out all the locks any sawed off the rocket launcher, but I am wondering two things, 1: what batteries should I use? 3 Trust Fires and a dummy? Or something else? 2: If I paint, should I paint the inner shell too? Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie, but I've been modding for at least 4 months now so I still got questions! Thanks.

ideally a lipo 2s or 3s with a motor replacement and full rewire. 10-400 amp discharge

less ideally 2-3 IMR 14500 or 18650 stock motor or upgraded motors with rewire 10-60 amp discharge

even less 6 AA eneloops 3-5 amp discharge

terrible trustfire 2-3 1-3 amp discharge tendency to explode or catch fire when mistreated.

non upgrade aa 4 1.5 amp discharge

Painting anywhere that is not seen or rubs plastic on plastic is not advised so the mag well and the top of the mag.

Edited by Lunas, 12 June 2015 - 01:10 AM.

#4 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:02 PM

Hey, have you been out to one of our wars in Wilsonville? If not, we'll have another next month on the 18th.

terrible trustfire 2-3 1-3 amp discharge tendency to explode or catch fire when mistreated.

I have yet to see any real evidence of this happening in our hobby. I have seen accounts of it in stupid situations, like vaporizer pens, but those people are all trying to kill themselves anyway.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#5 Lunas

Lunas

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:37 PM

Hey, have you been out to one of our wars in Wilsonville? If not, we'll have another next month on the 18th.

I have yet to see any real evidence of this happening in our hobby. I have seen accounts of it in stupid situations, like vaporizer pens, but those people are all trying to kill themselves anyway.

yeah those vape sticks basically short the battery when they use them...

but even if they are safe enough they still only deal 1-3 amps when most nerf guns use around 7-8 amps stall unless your rocking stock motors those only draw close to 3.

#6 NineOfSpades

NineOfSpades

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:42 PM

No haven't, what are the age limits if any, and and where in Wilsonville?

#7 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:37 AM

sawed off the rocket launcher

You still have the launcher? I kinda would like to do something twisted with it.
P.S. I would a left it on there and converted it into a Master key for CQC.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#8 NineOfSpades

NineOfSpades

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 12:46 PM

You still have the launcher? I kinda would like to do something twisted with it.
P.S. I would a left it on there and converted it into a Master key for CQC.

I already have plans to do something like what coop did.

#9 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:54 PM

yeah those vape sticks basically short the battery when they use them...

but even if they are safe enough they still only deal 1-3 amps when most nerf guns use around 7-8 amps stall unless your rocking stock motors those only draw close to 3.

Stall current draw is for a very short period, unless there is a jam. I have not worked out the math myself, but I am sure someone in the business already has. Also "most" blasters is really over selling it.

No haven't, what are the age limits if any, and and where in Wilsonville?

We had a couple guys last week that were twelve, AgentWashington is thirteen, and the son of another guy who was younger than that. We have been playing at Memorial park, down by the baseball fields and the skate ramps.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#10 Lunas

Lunas

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:39 PM

Stall current draw is for a very short period, unless there is a jam. I have not worked out the math myself, but I am sure someone in the business already has. Also "most" blasters is really over selling it.

I suppose i could clarify that a bit more to most heavily modified with motor swaps. Either way anything but semi stock is going to pull more than 3 amps on those momentary spikes and those momentary spikes are bad for the batteries and it is enough that trustfires are not particularly up to the task... Will a difference be noticed probably not. But I would rather not take the chance on those li-ion venting on me...

#11 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:21 PM

I think that some of the concerns are brought about by the fact that people don't buy actual trustfires; rather, they buy the cheapest 3v cells on ebay/amazon they can find.

Aside from danger, I've also been told that trustfires (along with AA batteries or even low output LiPo packs) don't spin up motors as fast as something like a 30C R/C pack, and can get bogged down during high ROF. That could cause a decrease in range, or even a jam while trying to to hit a critical target via dart spam.

Edited by jwasko, 13 June 2015 - 08:22 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#12 NineOfSpades

NineOfSpades

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:21 AM

We had a couple guys last week that were twelve, AgentWashington is thirteen, and the son of another guy who was younger than that. We have been playing at Memorial park, down by the baseball fields and the skate ramps.

That is great because I'm going to be 13 soon and I have some friends that would be interested in participating among with me that are the same age.

Ps: Beware one of my friends is a bit of a nut job.

#13 NineOfSpades

NineOfSpades

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:25 AM

I will see what I can do to convince my parents to let me go anyway 😆

#14 Astech

Astech

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:00 PM

I think that some of the concerns are brought about by the fact that people don't buy actual trustfires; rather, they buy the cheapest 3v cells on ebay/amazon they can find.

Aside from danger, I've also been told that trustfires (along with AA batteries or even low output LiPo packs) don't spin up motors as fast as something like a 30C R/C pack, and can get bogged down during high ROF. That could cause a decrease in range, or even a jam while trying to to hit a critical target via dart spam.

As a Stryfe lover, I bough the cheapest possible batteries, and they haven't failed on me yet (1.5 months later). Besides which, theres several mm of plastic between you and an "exploding" battery, so the danger is to your wallet, not face.

Less current will always mean slower rev up time, but that s the great problem with flywheel blasters. No matter what one does, there will always be rev up time. If one wants instant firing, use a springer. The range is not decreased noticably, as current equates to torque, not electron speed. Voltage determines how fast the electrons move, and therefore how fast the motors spin. I use Li Ions and can get 16 V from four of them, and that's plenty powerful. If one's flywheel blaster is jamming at all, its either a problem with one's darts (they may be old and prone to bending), or one's firing system (it is possible to get the "pusher" pert of the trigger to catch on a dart and bend it).

In summary, the problem isn't that the flywheels don't rev up fast enough, it's that one's style of play is partially incompatible with flywheel blasters.
I've always wanted to be a pilot. Then I'll have an excuse to keep my head in the clouds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users