#1 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • State:California
  • u/Maniacal_coyote on Reddit

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:11 PM

I was looking through assorted old posts, and they refer to modified blasters (especially The Crossbow) as "Level 4" or such. Cpt. Slug's Plusbow guide also refers to a "Level 4" Crossbow.

What do the bloody levels mean?!?!?!?

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#2 Xellah

Xellah

They call his chin.... Captain Underpants

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:52 PM

Before template-based blaster builds and 3d printed parts, NH users referred to various degrees of Crossbow overhauling with a level system. It was an easy way to dickwave about Crossbow mods, and they were usually (always) accompanied with bullshit range claims and ridiculously inconsistent performance claims (ahem, Split.)

Suffice it to say that the specifics of the levels themselves aren't important; it was a method of classifying Crossbow modifications.These mods included plunger tube replacement, reinforcement(s) of the blaster's shell, nasty great stuff foam shenanigans, and the addition of bungies.

Look up the old Crossbow thread if you want to see examples of these mods. You'll probably have a good laugh or two. Ellen Page is by far the best part of that thread.

Edited by Xellah, 10 June 2015 - 04:59 PM.

Ultimator Duel

it cant be as bad as reloading an ak-47 on the run

#3 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania
  • u/SublimeDom777 on Reddit

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:45 PM

Ellen Page is by far the best part of that thread.

Only because mine are absent (no disrespect to my boo). Maybe I should use some of my authority to get it reopened when I finish the re-do of the one.

Last of the Sex Dwarves, Head of Waifu Relations, Fetishizer of Blasters, The Far Warring, Mini-Van Driver, Possessor of Mattels, and Warden of the Manongahela

We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#4 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:07 PM

I think Ragnarok had written a series of writeups for modding your crossbow that he gave different 'levels' If I remember correctly levels 1 and possibly 2 were super lazy things that may have been done way back in the day but by the time he made the writeup were obsolete, such as taking the tubing out and sticking the stock barrel directly on the plunger tube using a short slice of the original tubing. level 3 or 4 was to actually put a coupler on the plunger tube, which was the first thing anyone did with any blaster back then. The next level after that was to integrate some kind of airgun into the shell (Supermax 1500 or AirTech 2000) and that was it. The writeup is actually probably still on NHQ somewhere, but with that stupid ajax forum crap on the main page, I don't know how to find it.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#5 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:31 PM

http://www.nerfhq.co...hp?topic=1812.0

In short
Level 1: Remove bow arms
Level 2: Relocate stock barrel
Level 3: Coupler
Level 4: Reinforcement

#6 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:44 PM

Here's the writeup courtesy of Ice Nine, who's google sills and/or memory have proven once again to be better than mine.
http://www.nerfhq.co...p?topic=1812.0;

Level 1: Basically a stock crossbow, with the bow-arms removed
Level 2: Tape up holes in barrel, relocate barrel to front of blaster using a short section of the stock tubing
Level 3: Epoxy a coupler onto the plunger tube, add some rubber bands to the plunger rod
Level 4: Reinforce the shell, add a heavier spring, replace the trigger spring, reinforce or repair the plunger rod

While some of the lower level stuff is pretty useless, Level 3 and 4 are collectively a pretty comprehensive writeup of what you needed to do to a crossbow back then. Another example of how NHQ actually had useful content before it got hacked.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users