Panther Mod Questions

...because I'm an airgun newb...

2 replies to this topic

#1 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:48 PM

Just got a new-in-package panther (Air Zone version, old-style tank), and being a total airgun newb, need some advice.

First, and most crucial: I know how to plug the OPRV, so after that, how many times can I pump before it explodes? Heh...

Second, I intend on making a 1' long brass breech nested in pvc. Is this too long/too short? Does the barrel length matter? I do know a looser dart fit is ideal.

Any other advice/recommendations would be very much appreciated.

~Rave

p.s. I intend on using just the internals for a panther front-barrel attachment for my strayven. So I don't care about having to chop up the shell or anything like that.
Posted Image

Edited by ravetrooper, 06 June 2015 - 10:55 PM.

Gut the electronics, drill a hole in the shell, and attach a crank to the gear. Bam, crank-action stampede that doesn't require batteries, or even a trigger.

...(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

#2 Thorn

Thorn

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:53 PM

NerfOMania made a fantastic guide on modifying panthers, so I would check it out on youtube here:
I think the tank can take 14-15 pumps(?). For a breech I would probably do 8-10 inches of 9/16ths brass nested in 19/32nds brass nested in 1/2 inch PVC for elite darts. I do know that panthers take CPVC well, so maybe try that. But make sure to experiment with barrel length and material to make sure what is best for your blaster.

Edited by Thorn, 06 June 2015 - 11:55 PM.

#3 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:50 AM

Thanks Thorn! I'll be sure to check that out.

Gut the electronics, drill a hole in the shell, and attach a crank to the gear. Bam, crank-action stampede that doesn't require batteries, or even a trigger.

...(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users