An electrical parts list

What to buy, where to buy

5 replies to this topic

#1 frenchdavid50

frenchdavid50

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:34 PM

So over the summer I want to fully mod-out an old green Rayven I have. I just need some help with the parts. I know what motor I'm using, but as far as batteries, switches, and wire goes I'm lost. Where can I get good:
  • LiPo batteries
  • 18AWG Wire
  • Switches

EDIT: Bonus points if you can buy all of the things at the same place.

Edited by frenchdavid50, 27 May 2015 - 04:39 PM.

#2 Bro Juice

Bro Juice

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:21 PM

ebay.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

#3 Astech

Astech

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:24 AM

EDIT: Bonus points if you can buy all of the things at the same place.

There's probably a magical store that sells all 3, assuming you're US based. If you don't believe in magic/driving around for hours searching for a good place you should definitely give Ebay a try. One seller might not have everything, but it's often cheaper.

Here's a link to some Li-ions: http://www.ebay.com....=item51c764434b

Just search around. Additionally McMaster Carr is a bargain, so look there for switches and wire, or destroy an old kitchen appliance, which would probably give you all the heavy gauge wire you need.
I've always wanted to be a pilot. Then I'll have an excuse to keep my head in the clouds.

#4 meishel

meishel

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:07 AM

Here's a link to some Li-ions: http://www.ebay.com....=item51c764434b

Those batteries look sketchy as hell. Have you tried them? There's no way they're really 2300 mAh.

To OP: Battery and wire: hobbyking.com And for switches, I use ebay. There's tons of listings for switches for a couple bucks with shipping. Don't forget to order an appropriate connector for your battery.

#5 Astech

Astech

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

Those batteries look sketchy as hell. Have you tried them? There's no way they're really 2300 mAh.

I received them via mail yesterday. I don't have dummy batteries yet, so my Stryfe can't handle full power for very long. As such, I haven't had a chance to run them down and see their capacity yet. Still, the flywheels are spinning fast enough to, after only 30 shots, have turned blue-black from small pieces of foam being ripped off. The charger actually came with a small piece of casing chipped off. China is not known for its quality, but I've found no performance problems yet. Time will tell.

Edited by Astech, 29 May 2015 - 09:34 PM.

I've always wanted to be a pilot. Then I'll have an excuse to keep my head in the clouds.

#6 meishel

meishel

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:23 PM

I received them via mail yesterday. I don't have dummy batteries yet, so my Stryfe can't handle full power for very long. As such, I haven't had a chance to run them down and see their capacity yet. Still, the flywheels are spinning fast enough to, after only 30 shots, have turned blue-black from small pieces of foam being ripped off. The charger actually came with a small piece of casing chipped off. China is not known for its quality, but I've found no performance problems yet. Time will tell.

They're likely ultrafire clones/knockoffs. Ultrafires are bad enough already. For a couple bucks more you can get a proper LiPo battery and charger. It's just not worth risking injury/property damage with crap batteries when they aren't even much cheaper. Not to mention you'll get much better performance from a LiPo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users