[Write up] Lanard Blast Bazooka direct wye

A mod for an old air blaster

1 reply to this topic

#1 Alfatrooper

Alfatrooper

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:27 PM

I will be showing you how to directly mount a PVC wye to a Lanard Blast Bazooka. This is more of an overview than a full writeup, but I think it is sufficient for modifying your blaster.

Posted Image

Materials:
Lanard Blast Bazooka
1/2in PVC wye
Two part liquid and solid epoxy
Hot glue
E-tape

Tools:
screwdriver
sharpie
ruler
hand saw
rotary tool

Step 1. Disassemble your blaster.

Step 2. Make any minimizations you would like to the shell including space for the hopper clip.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Sorry blurry image.

Posted Image

Step 3.
Find your barrel and make a cut which leaves just enough space for your wye to slide onto with as little dead space as possible.
Posted Image
Clean up your cut.

Step 3. Wrap in E-tape until there is a tight fit on your wye. Then two part liquid epoxy it on at an angle for better aiming.

Step 4. After that dries strengthen the connection with two part epoxy putty.
Posted Image

This is how it looks in the shell.
Posted Image

Step 5. Hot glue down the trigger to allow for a faster air release and reassemble.

My blaster came with a badly damaged handle. I decided to fix it.
Posted Image

I epoxied the plastic together from the outside and then attached a layer of ducktape. I was having trouble getting the handle apart even after removing the screws. Another solution would be to replace the pump, but I wanted to keep the stock OPRV and not have to make a homemade OPRV or do Zorn's mod.

My ranges with bad dart fit are around 70ft.

Comments, Questions, Flames? All are appreciated.

Alfatrooper

Edited by Alfatrooper, 17 May 2015 - 08:55 PM.

See you on the field, Alfatrooper                                                                                             My YouTube

#2 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:42 AM

One thing you'll want to look into ahead of time is reinforcing the section of the trigger that pulls on the dump valve - those are notorious for breaking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users