Flywheel Bogs down

10 replies to this topic

#1 Hermsmegerms

Hermsmegerms

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:13 AM

So i just finished my Rapidstrike mod and when I put my stock batteries in it and tried to fire, The moment the dart touches the flywheels it bogs and basically stops working

now I did swap out the motors for some nicer ones from pololu i put these in https://www.pololu.com/product/611

My thought is that the stock voltage isn't enough to run the new system but I just wanted to check with the modding elders here on the forums before moving forwad
also pictures to come as soon as I get the motors working

EDIT: As far as my wire layout, i only popped the old motors off and put the new ones in, I didn't change any of the wiring except to remove the switch for the clip that sits right next to the battery compartment

Edited by Hermsmegerms, 14 May 2015 - 10:37 AM.

#2 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:39 PM

So i just finished my Rapidstrike mod and when I put my stock batteries in it and tried to fire, The moment the dart touches the flywheels it bogs and basically stops working

now I did swap out the motors for some nicer ones from pololu i put these in https://www.pololu.com/product/611

My thought is that the stock voltage isn't enough to run the new system but I just wanted to check with the modding elders here on the forums before moving forwad
also pictures to come as soon as I get the motors working

EDIT: As far as my wire layout, i only popped the old motors off and put the new ones in, I didn't change any of the wiring except to remove the switch for the clip that sits right next to the battery compartment

RM2s are made to run at stock voltage or less (I believe 3-6 volts) so you may have just got a pair of faulty motors. Make sure to remove the resistors as these motors draw a lot of current. That's my two cents... I'm hardly a "modding elder" though ;) Hope it works out for you!

Gut the electronics, drill a hole in the shell, and attach a crank to the gear. Bam, crank-action stampede that doesn't require batteries, or even a trigger.

...(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

#3 Hermsmegerms

Hermsmegerms

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:41 PM

Alright, i'll try popping the resistors off, and see how that goes
(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

Edited by Hermsmegerms, 14 May 2015 - 01:51 PM.

#4 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:19 PM

Check the polarity on the motors. It is possible that you have them turning them swapped so that they are pushing back, rather than pulling forward.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#5 Hermsmegerms

Hermsmegerms

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:41 PM

They definatly pull the dart in. Cuz it's a pain to get it back out when it stops spinning

#6 Lunas

Lunas

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • State:South Dakota

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:45 PM

Alright, i'll try popping the resistors off, and see how that goes
(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

those are inductors not resistors leave them be they help with the amperage drawn from the battery set look at bridging the diodes in the trigger area to remove the slow down while the pusher is not active instead.

another thing you can do is is rework the trigger area that is where the most restrictive part of the circuits are. The rapid strike has a pair of diodes that function as a limiter while the pusher is not active you can do the extra work and strip out most of this.

honestly http://www.blasterte...3_13607466.aspx
the falcon 130 motors look to be beastly...

#7 Hermsmegerms

Hermsmegerms

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

I found this on another modding website "De-solder the left end of the yellow wire from where it is and solder it back on top of the red wire that comes in from the positive battery. This will disable the mechanism that causes the flywheels to be slow at first." -Rexar5 humanvszombies.org

is that basically a way of bypassing those diodes?

#8 Lunas

Lunas

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

I found this on another modding website "De-solder the left end of the yellow wire from where it is and solder it back on top of the red wire that comes in from the positive battery. This will disable the mechanism that causes the flywheels to be slow at first." -Rexar5 humanvszombies.org

is that basically a way of bypassing those diodes?

yes it just bypasses the circuit. That alone might fix the issue you are having. While in there i would also remove both thermal fuses as they bleed off some juice too. You also may want to switch to NiMH

Edited by Lunas, 15 May 2015 - 05:31 PM.

#9 Hermsmegerms

Hermsmegerms

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

Alright I just swapped the yellow wire over and double checked my motors, they are running super fast now. My original intention was to make the gun quieter, but seeing how powerful it is now... I kinda like the roar

#10 Lunas

Lunas

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:37 AM

Alright I just swapped the yellow wire over and double checked my motors, they are running super fast now. My original intention was to make the gun quieter, but seeing how powerful it is now... I kinda like the roar

another thing to do is to remove that white rubber flappy thing over the dart entrance i was getting jams with mine until i ripped that shit out.

and as for quiet the only quiet flywheel is a stopped flywheel look into motor breaking to make them stop faster then work on spin up time it should already be super short with what you have already done.

also since you got rm2 did you C-Mod them as in did you replace the stock low voltage brushes with the upgraded silver carbon brushes.

Edited by Lunas, 16 May 2015 - 12:44 PM.

#11 Hermsmegerms

Hermsmegerms

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:32 AM

I didn't mess with the brushes at all, I probably just going to call it good with this gun, it was an incredible pain to get back together. Overall i am very happy with how it turned out and i will be posting pictures of it in the modification and paint jobs thread later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users