Photo

Specific parts problems

1 reply to this topic

#1 Dragon Demon

Dragon Demon

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:50 PM

Has anyone here been working on a project and needed specific parts of various kits out there or just find parts ridiculously expensive. For example, I'm working on a retaliator.

I needed a metal bolt sled from OMW's recon kit, their metal trigger from the Ret Stage 2, their metal catch and backplate from the Ret Stage 1, and the 2x strength catch and trigger springs. What I still need is the 14 kg spring from an RC car (not really a problem since I can just buy the spring from a site), Oznerfnerd's internal plastic backplate thing, plunger rod and tube from Xplorer (comes as a set so irrelevant here, except the cost and shipping time...).

So I have to purchase all these kits and have some stuff lying around. That seems like a lot of money I could have saved. Is there anyone else out there that would like to see a company that sells parts individually and as kits so projects don't require extraneous expenditure? Also, would anyone love to see higher kg springs designed for nerf blasters rather than sourced? I understand [k26] and [k25] and stuff work for various guns but for like the Retaliator and Rampage, some people seem to have problems finding single springs that would fit well that also produce some high power.

So I ask you, would you like to see a company that sells parts individually as well as in kits and offers a variety of parts and options for metal and polycarb?

#2 MAV13

MAV13

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:29 PM

If you find a way to produce metal stampede gears I'm all ears, otherwise the addage "if you build it (well), they will come" probably applies here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users