Photo

Missing my longshot's plunger catch, anything I can do?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Bgaugs

Bgaugs

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:35 PM

Hey guys I'm a new member here and this is my first post.

Anyways, I used to be really into modding and working on nerf guns a few years back. I did a big project on my original longshot, integrating the front gun into the bottom of the main blaster. I also beefed up the firing mechanism, it had some pretty amazing ranges and accuracy, as far as nerf guns go. My school is having a contest called AP assasination, where each round every senior gets the name of someone to eliminate as a target with a nerf gun. I've been dusting off my guns as of late, and went to my longshot, but it wasn't cocking properly. I opened it up and found that the bolt catch (plunger catch?) is missing, I must've lost it somewhere when I was taking it apart. I was wondering if there were any fixes for this or if there is a way to get a spare part, I'd hate to let all my work on this guy go to waste and have it be unusable.

Thanks for any expertise and ideas you guys can give me!

#2 CelloGuy

CelloGuy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:42 PM

Well I'm no pro but as far as I know, because how big the plunger tube is on the Longshot, you won't be able to use one from another gun. You might be able to find something on ebay or something but to be honest I would just buy a new one from the store and take the piece from that. Sorry if this doesn't help but idk

#3 racer188

racer188

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:24 PM

Hey guys I'm a new member here and this is my first post.

Anyways, I used to be really into modding and working on nerf guns a few years back. I did a big project on my original longshot, integrating the front gun into the bottom of the main blaster. I also beefed up the firing mechanism, it had some pretty amazing ranges and accuracy, as far as nerf guns go. My school is having a contest called AP assasination, where each round every senior gets the name of someone to eliminate as a target with a nerf gun. I've been dusting off my guns as of late, and went to my longshot, but it wasn't cocking properly. I opened it up and found that the bolt catch (plunger catch?) is missing, I must've lost it somewhere when I was taking it apart. I was wondering if there were any fixes for this or if there is a way to get a spare part, I'd hate to let all my work on this guy go to waste and have it be unusable.

Thanks for any expertise and ideas you guys can give me!

I assume you need the catch plate?

Like this?

Posted Image

#4 T da B

T da B

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:19 PM

If you have the tools, you can fab one out of polycarbonate. Unfortunately, 1/8'' is too thin and 1/4'' is too fat so I ended up using some 5/32'' scrap polycarbonate from the local Tap Plastics scrap bin ($1!).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

~T
Make it funky.

#5 Bgaugs

Bgaugs

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:22 PM

That's the piece! Yea my internals terminology is not up to par, my bad. Did you cut that out with a Dremel?

#6 T da B

T da B

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:24 PM

I used a scroll saw and cleaned it up with a Dremel. You could definitely do it with just a Dremel--good luck!

~T
Make it funky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users