Photo

Paper Shooters

5 replies to this topic

#1 pit viper

pit viper

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:51 PM

Wasn't sure where to put this since it isn't exactly Nerf.

Has anyone seen these: paper shooters

They seem like if they work out then they could be a viable option to stock wars or even any war if they perform decently, since there is no need to ever buy ammo it could end up being much cheaper as well. There also seems to be a decent amount of mod potential in these seeing as the internals are very stripped down.
I have already backed them for two blasters and will be doing an overview of them when they arrive (if they get funded).

#2 Toxic Turtle

Toxic Turtle

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:09 PM

This looks a lot like those Max Force spitball guns.

#3 PBZ

PBZ

Cap'n Whitebeard

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:40 PM

couple of things i see:

"no need to buy ammo"... well, directly, anyway. you still have to make it, and the paper has to come from somewhere. and not all of us live next to a recycling plant- i certainly dont.

the paper rounds get tucked into shells? what? you only get 8 shells per blaster? what?

the plunger tube in this thing looks like the size of a maverick. no wonder its getting 65 feet, its only shooting a gram of paper.

my take on them is that even if they shoot 65 feet, i wouldnt use them for anything more than a basement fight.if im interested in spitball ammo, ill go buy the one commonly on the shelf next to the nerf stuff, that comes with a hopper like paintball. 3/10, would not back kickstarter or buy.
"There's nothing quite like hunting children." -VACC

#4 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:52 AM

The shells worry me. They look like real guns ejecting real shells, which is asking for trouble. And it looks like you need the shells in order to feed the rounds properly. Otherwise, I'd be all for an inexpensive, expendable, DIY ammunition source.

#5 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:57 AM

Looks like Milsim at home, maybe they can make a shell-less variant, and up that plunger tube. I don't think this is liable, but if it was converted to look NOT so realistic and have shells, would you guys allow this at wars? I would probably only if there were no shells and it was in bright orange,

Edited by Snoop Doggy doge, 23 May 2015 - 09:59 AM.

#6 Astech

Astech

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:21 PM

If you're worried about the shell ejection looking realistic, sticky tape a bag over the ejection port as a shell collector. It serves the double purpose of never having to look for your shells and preventing that realism from being ridiculous. Even max force guns had "shells" in the form of fixed clips; its inevitable with such soft ammo. Additionally, the cardboard outer covering isn't critical in most areas; it's just for decoration.

Edited by Astech, 18 July 2015 - 04:06 AM.

I've always wanted to be a pilot. Then I'll have an excuse to keep my head in the clouds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users