Photo

Longstrike Internals Replacement Question

4 replies to this topic

#1 taji34

taji34

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:57 PM

Hey everyone, I'm looking to replace the internals in my longstrike, and I'm hoping for some more power will durability. My longstrike is currently modded as follows: AR Removal (though this did screw up the breech a bit, but it seems to work fine), and Spring compression (stock spring). I use stock elite darts currently with it. So my questions are what do you think I should do? I'm trying to squeeze as much power as I can out of this blaster. Are replaced internals going to help? I was looking at the OMW Immortal kit (though I currently can't order it) or the Xplorer Full Length Dart kit (though this is kinda expensive, especially with S&H). Are they needed? Can I get the power I want from just more moding? Are there other options?

#2 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:30 PM

Hey everyone, I'm looking to replace the internals in my longstrike, and I'm hoping for some more power will durability. My longstrike is currently modded as follows: AR Removal (though this did screw up the breech a bit, but it seems to work fine), and Spring compression (stock spring). I use stock elite darts currently with it. So my questions are what do you think I should do? I'm trying to squeeze as much power as I can out of this blaster. Are replaced internals going to help? I was looking at the OMW Immortal kit (though I currently can't order it) or the Xplorer Full Length Dart kit (though this is kinda expensive, especially with S&H). Are they needed? Can I get the power I want from just more moding? Are there other options?

To be perfectly honest, yes. The Longstrike, along with the other original N-Strike blasters with the reverse plungers, is severely limited in the upgradeability department. There have been plenty of people whome have been able to replace the original reverse plungers with donors out of Retaliators, which is what the OMW and Xplorer sets are designed to emulate. It takes some work, but definitely improves the performance. Personally, I think that ordering the kits is the lazy way out.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#3 taji34

taji34

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:43 PM

To be perfectly honest, yes. The Longstrike, along with the other original N-Strike blasters with the reverse plungers, is severely limited in the upgradeability department. There have been plenty of people whome have been able to replace the original reverse plungers with donors out of Retaliators, which is what the OMW and Xplorer sets are designed to emulate. It takes some work, but definitely improves the performance. Personally, I think that ordering the kits is the lazy way out.

I have no proper tools at my disposal, the current modifications I did almost destroyed the internals because of the tools I used, which is why buying is currently the better option for me.

#4 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:49 PM

I have no proper tools at my disposal, the current modifications I did almost destroyed the internals because of the tools I used, which is why buying is currently the better option for me.

As I said, swapping in Retaliator internals is a solid method, and probably far less expensive.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#5 Arvex

Arvex

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:56 PM

The Longstrike Immortal kit from Orange Mod Works was taken down a while ago because of a heavy backlog of orders. To my knowledge, they are still trying to catch up with pre-orders on that kit.

I'm currently in the process of fabricating custom internals for my Longstrike, however I am only in the design stages until I gain access to a lathe and a 3D printer (a.k.a. not being broke.)

I've been looking at the Xplorer kit, as well. It's a bit too expensive for a kit that isn't a straight-up drop in. Your best bet is to do a Retaliator swap or make custom internals for the blaster. Another option, if you're patient, would be to wait for OMW to list their OMW Longstrike Immortal kit for sale again.

EDIT: The reason I'm not doing the Retaliator swap is because I see the plunger tube as too small. That space not being taken up is lost power. So I'm planning to fabricate a custom plunger system that uses the most of the Longstrike's shell and without needing to cut anything up.

Edited by Arvex, 25 April 2015 - 08:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users