5 replies to this topic

#1 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Ontario

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:47 PM

I know these kind of topics can be annoying but I will try to be a descriptive as I can.

Ill start with a short expiation of my problem. Over the winter I have got into making homemade blasters, I made 2 +bows, 2 snap bows, a rainbow pistol and a rainbow pump. All of the blasters besides the rainbow pistol have a full [k26] at full compression or very close to that. They all have very good seals and fired grate in my basement(or so I thought). It finally got warm enough to go outside and range test all my blasters, to my surprise they were only shooting 80-90 feet. I really don't know what I did wrong? I'll go into what darts and barrels I use and hopefully someone can point out my problem.

Darts

-#6 washers from Canadian tier with mc master felt pads.

-3/0 hot glue dome

-BB glue domes

-3/16th inch ball bearing hot glue domes

Have made each type of dart with hot trod xl, log home white, cera rod beige, swift white and drevs red foam yielding pretty much the same result. They all shoot 80 to 90 feet and then either nose dive hitting the ground pretty hard or just spin out.

Barrels

-12 inch cpvc

-14inch cpvc

- 4 inch cpvc back with 8 inch aluminum front

-5 inch cpvc back with 9 inch scheduled 80 front

-4 inch 17/32 brass back with 10 inch PETG front

I tried all the different foam/dart types with each barrel on each blaster. They all shot around the same distance (80-90 feet)

I wanted to see if any of my blasters could shoot as far as I thought they would so a grabbed my brass breach sm5k my at3k and at4k both with PETG turrets and they shot grate with domes but not with slugs. I also brought out my +bow from Andthehearois and my rainbow pistol from NoM. Both of them do not shoot like they used to.

It seems like I cant get a slug to shoot more then 90 feet for some resin. If anyone has any idea what is going wrong I would love to know, this is really bothering me I spent a lot of time making those blasters look really nice and they are not shooting how I expected. I hope I am just missing something obvious and its something to due with my darts or barrels.

#2 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 500 posts
  • State:New York
  • Snoop Doggy Doge on Youtube

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:43 PM

uh, are those 80-90 flat? Maybe some pics, I don't think that that's bad if they're 80-90 flat, but if they're 80-90 arched, you probably have a seal problem. Pics please?

#3 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:36 PM

uh, are those 80-90 flat? Maybe some pics, I don't think that that's bad if they're 80-90 flat, but if they're 80-90 arched, you probably have a seal problem. Pics please?

Yes, that is flat. I have never put pics on here so I have to go make a account on image shack or something first, I will try to get some pics up tomorrow. What did you want to see? darts, barrels, blasters or everything?

#4 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,190 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/MeakerVI on Reddit

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:36 AM

80-90' is good range for homemade blasters. Most range claims above those are not-flat, exaggerated, overpowered, or bleeding edge/highest quality construction; in that order. They also haven't changed for homemades since the unification of build materials to the [k25]/6 springs, 1-1/4" PVC plunger tube, and washer or cup seals, so it's likely you're getting your idea of what range should be from a liar. If they're doing worse than they were previously, have you replaced the lubricant?

Use Imgur for images, no account needed.

#5 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:20 PM

80-90' is good range for homemade blasters. Most range claims above those are not-flat, exaggerated, overpowered, or bleeding edge/highest quality construction; in that order. They also haven't changed for homemades since the unification of build materials to the [k25]/6 springs, 1-1/4" PVC plunger tube, and washer or cup seals, so it's likely you're getting your idea of what range should be from a liar. If they're doing worse than they were previously, have you replaced the lubricant?

Use Imgur for images, no account needed.

Yea your probably right, I don't know why I thought I should be shooting 110-120 flat with a homemade. I am also shooting slightly up hill because of the way my property is.

#6 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • State:California
  • u/Maniacal_coyote on Reddit

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:18 PM

"Only 80 - 90 feet flat"? Bubba, that's fantabulastic ranges! I doubt the [REDACTED] would get much better than that.
Regarding the image account issue, I use Blogger and just link to the pix I upload.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users