Motors And Batteries

3 replies to this topic

#1 yNeo

yNeo

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:16 AM

So I am about to start working on a big project and I have some questions:

1. I want to replace the motors and I don't care having to modify the shell, so can someone recommend me good 180 motors?

2. This is actually related to the first question, what LiPo battery should I use with these motors?

3. Do I need to coat the flywheels? if I do what should I use?

4. Also I decided to replace the wires and switches I order for the flywheels to reach max rpm faster so what wires and switches should I use?

Also don't refer to the cost because I have a big budget for this project.
Thanks for the help.

#2 CS- Tiff

CS- Tiff

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:26 AM

1. I want to replace the motors and I don't care having to modify the shell, so can someone recommend me good 180 motors?

2. This is actually related to the first question, what LiPo battery should I use with these motors?

4. Also I decided to replace the wires and switches I order for the flywheels to reach max rpm faster so what wires and switches should I use?

Thanks for the help.

Well, one of the nerfhaven posting guide rules is to look for the topic about your question before you post. I think this might be like the 3rd "Motor and Battery" Topic since I joined nerfhaven.

1. FK-180SH 3240 motors, Esky lama V4 motors, Blade 180 CX2 and CX3 Motors are all the same except the Blades and Lamas have weird yellow ceramic caps that don't do anything. All should work the same. If you want better performance but an Xtreme price (haha get it? Oh that was just terrible), Then get Xtreme Pro 180's. Not much difference in RPM but higher torque resulting in faster spin up and recovery times.

2. 2s lipo with at least >1000mah and 20c. You could go 3s lipo with >2000mah and 30c but the performance gain is a mere 5-10 fps and a lot of sound in which can be good or bad depending on playstyle.

3.This is a question many newbies ask. After firing 100 or more shots, your flywheels will get a good layer of blue or whatever colour foam which completely reduces the dart slip.

4.If you are doing this to a Rapidstrike or Demolisher, Use 18 AWG Silicon wire or 16 AWG Teflon wire although the teflon might be harder to cram in. For every blaster, the rev up switch should always be something like a 10 AMP or 16 AMP SPDT Micro Switch. For Rapidstrike, try a few smaller switches for the pusher mech and trigger. Heck, you could probably even leave the trigger and pusher switches stock!

Just my 2 cents.

#3 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:47 AM

Thanks for the help.

1. FK-180SH-3534

2. If you have your heart set on Lithium you should get a Turnigy 2s pack. I'd recommend either sticking with 14500 cells or finding a 2s pack that can still fit inside the battery tray.

3. No, natural wear and use will coat your flywheels with miniscule blue residue, no need to do anything artificial.

4. 18awg wire, 15A/240V switch.

#4 CS- Tiff

CS- Tiff

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:10 PM

1. FK-180SH-3534

2. If you have your heart set on Lithium you should get a Turnigy 2s pack. I'd recommend either sticking with 14500 cells or finding a 2s pack that can still fit inside the battery tray.

3. No, natural wear and use will coat your flywheels with miniscule blue residue, no need to do anything artificial.

4. 18awg wire, 15A/240V switch.

Why 3534s and not 3240s? Also, are you telling him to stick with fires? Are they safe? That was a question I was pondering as I know that the trustfires can get a bit more fps due to the voltage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users