Sledgefire Mod Thread

Sledgefire Mod Thread

No replies to this topic

#1 jbeckert

jbeckert

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:12 PM

The Sledgefire is my new favorite Nerf gun, and I'd like this to be a repository for any interesting modifications that might be done to it!

I'll start off with one that I discovered: How to modify your Sledgefire to shoot volleys of Taggers and other large-headed darts:

This modification is easy, and does not permanently alter any of the parts.

1. Go to Lowes, and purchase at least three Hillman brand rubber grommets, size 9/32x1/2x1/4x3/8. They come in packs of two, so you need at least two packs.

2. Using a rod or other improvised probe, push one grommet down to the bottom of each of the three chambers of a Sledgefire shell. The grommet sits at the bottom of each chamber, in much the way that the back of an Elite dart would sit at the bottom of each chamber.

3. Load three Taggers (or other large-headed darts) into your modified shell, and fire!

Firing at a slight elevation (2-5 degrees) I got an average range of 35 feet, and a max range of 45 feet. You can still fire Elites in the modified shells, but the Elites range will be slightly less than in an unmodified shell, maybe 20-25% less (but still farther than Taggers). Of course, you can always take the grommets back out again when you're not playing Dart Tag!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users