We will be testing an Indoor Nerf Arena Concept in July 2015

9 replies to this topic

#1 OCNerfSmith

OCNerfSmith

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:32 AM

Hello Nerfer's,

We are doing some testing to see if a permanent Indoor Air Blaster(Nerf) Arena would be Viable in Southern California specifically in Orange County.
I want to keep this post as Brief as possible because its very likely some things will be changed.

From July 3-5 2015 myself and some family/friends will be renting out a warehouse in Northern Orange County California(Anaheim, I wont share anymore information than that Until closer to the date to avoid any type of sabotage.)
We will be preparing the inside of the warehouse similar to an Indoor Paintball or Airsoft arena and it will be set up completely different each of the 3 days.(we have been working on some really cool designs)
Friday and Saturday July 3-4 will be Open to all Nerfer's age's 6 and up with any Blaster shooting under 150fps, Sunday July 5 will be open to all Nerfer's 6 and up until 5pm after 5pm the Age Requirement will be ages 13 and up(under 18 will need to be accompanied by an adult) and the Air blaster max FPS will no longer have a cap(within reason) please take into consideration this is an indoor arena you dont need the strongest firing weapon speed really is your best friend here.

Eye protection(if you don't like the goofy safety glasses bring your own goggles), Nerf Blasters(Modded and Stock) and Darts will be available to be loaned and/or to rent if perhaps the friends you want to bring don't have blaster's of their own.

People are encouraged to bring their own equipment as long as it isn't inappropriate for children ages as young as 6 years old.

If you bring a modified blaster please keep it under 150fps, We will be doing Crono tests on all blasters before any game play.

There will be drinks and snacks available for sale or complimentary water.

There will be no charge to anybody who comes out to participate and have fun, food/drinks,blaster rentals excluded and extra ammo excluded.

Each player will be given a stock of 100 darts to start with. If you need more you can purchase more.

You can bring your own darts but we are only allowing the Nerf Elite style with suction cup or rubber tip Darts this also Includes all the Chinese knockoff brands.

We plan on doing Three game types-

Team Death Match
Team Capture the Flag
and our own Indoor Arena Mix on HvHvZ

Safety is our #1 Priority so everybody will be absolutely required to wear safety goggles at all times while on the field there will be no exceptions! This will be explained more in depth before game play.
All players under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.

These games will be heavily moderated(referee'd) If you dont plan on playing by the rules you would be wasting your time even showing up.

I am ready to answer any Questions you may have or if you are looking to RSVP please just leave a reply here or email me @ TheNerfSmith@yahoo.com

#2 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:09 AM

Only store bought darts? I'm guessing homemade blasters are a no-no, simply because they oftentimes only use stefans. Think about it.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#3 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:49 AM

We will be preparing the inside of the warehouse similar to an Indoor Paintball or Airsoft arena and it will be set up completely different each of the 3 days.(we have been working on some really cool designs)
Friday and Saturday July 3-4 will be Open to all Nerfer's age's 6 and up with any Blaster shooting under 150fps, Sunday July 5 will be open to all Nerfer's 6 and up until 5pm after 5pm the Age Requirement will be ages 13 and up(under 18 will need to be accompanied by an adult) and the Air blaster max FPS will no longer have a cap(within reason) please take into consideration this is an indoor arena you dont need the strongest firing weapon speed really is your best friend here.

This sounds like a fun idea. Nerf alone may not be viable as a business model; it seems like other indoor places will often focus on a larger market (e.g. airsoft) and occasionally host Nerf dates. Recently, there was an excellent war out east that utilized an indoor airsoft arena. Just something to consider.

Can you clarify a little on what you consider to be "within reason" for a safety cap? The number I've seen tossed around here for homemades with homemade darts is usually 250 fps, but it sounds like you're going with a fairly different demographic than the NIC wars, so I would be interested in a little more explanation here.

Only store bought darts? I'm guessing homemade blasters are a no-no, simply because they oftentimes only use stefans. Think about it.

It's incredibly easy to make a homemade fire stock darts. I've put on RSCBs/BRISCs to fire taggers and streamlines out of mine, for instance.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#4 OCNerfSmith

OCNerfSmith

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:03 PM

This sounds like a fun idea. Nerf alone may not be viable as a business model; it seems like other indoor places will often focus on a larger market (e.g. airsoft) and occasionally host Nerf dates. Recently, there was an excellent war out east that utilized an indoor airsoft arena. Just something to consider.

Can you clarify a little on what you consider to be "within reason" for a safety cap? The number I've seen tossed around here for homemades with homemade darts is usually 250 fps, but it sounds like you're going with a fairly different demographic than the NIC wars, so I would be interested in a little more explanation here.

It's incredibly easy to make a homemade fire stock darts. I've put on RSCBs/BRISCs to fire taggers and streamlines out of mine, for instance.

Well the rules are not exactly set into concrete just yet which is why I made this post to not only let people know who may be interested in attending but to gather feedback from the more hard core 'professional' Nerf community.

So basically what we were looking to do is for the first two days Open the place up to any kids and adults ages 6 and up(because that is the same age Nerf recommends) for families and friends, Neighbors, Schoolmates and Co-Workers to have a fun alternative to the more aggressive and painful paintball and Airsoft that as you pointed out is much more main stream. I played Paintball for years and always enjoyed it most when my family would come out and take part in a paintball war or when they were there to cheer me and my Teammates on at an Indoor field. Out of all of the places I played the most fun I ever had was at an Indoor arena that my friends and I use to hit up on every Holiday break and weekend. Even though the place was small there were always people coming to get a session in.

Though I have been Tinkering with and modifying all types of Gun's and blasters since I was a little kid I just recently discovered this website and I am new to the whole Nerf community so forgive my ignorance on alot of the Modded Darts guys. Like I mentioned before though the rules are not set yet and we are strongly considering all positive feedback.
I just know some people do things to the darts that actually can cause injuries and leave bruising/serious welting and to avoid that we felt it was probably safest keep the darts somewhat Uniform And I know the Nerf Elite darts are not the greatest but some of the Chinese copies are actually pretty good and at the short ranges of the indoor field almost all darts are decently accurate unless you are trying to camp in a far corner and eat shit or something. I looked Into Stefan's after reading a previous reply and I do believe we would accept darts like that though I would have to speak with my Partners before confirming this. That being said I think it would be good to keep in mind this will be an Indoor arena its not going to be the massive outdoor public park's most of you currently hold war's in, Wind and other weather problems associated with the outdoors that can mess up a blasters range and accuracy will not come into play here. I will have to test but I think most stock Elite guns will shoot more than halfway across the field and depending upon the ammo with good accuracy.

To address the FPS I would say 250fps would be absolute top's. People with Air Tank Magstrike's and Similar Air Tanked Blasters are welcome as long as the Mod is done safely and the tank is regulated properly.

a Complete Homemade blaster would be welcome on Sunday during the 13+ but not during the Friday Saturday game's. I mean this could honestly also change. For instance if Friday and Saturday all that show up are people over the age of 13 and we dont have any younger players that we need to watch out for then we could possibly see all three days with 250fps cap any blaster mod, home made, Alien can be used as long as it passes Chrono.

Hey thanks again for the Input from everybody!

Edited by OCNerfSmith, 31 March 2015 - 04:04 PM.

#5 LionWay Games

LionWay Games

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:27 PM

I love this idea. Are you going to do a follow up post after the event? I'd love to hear how it went.

Also do you have more details about the internals of your venue? Like the amount of cover/what is used for cover.

My plan is to run similar events on the east coast, in and around philadelphia.

#6 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:26 AM

Anyone who is not from Southern California who wants to give this guy unsolicited tips about how he can run his war can go fuck right off. I know this event sounds really cool, but do not post in this thread unless you actually have some hope of attending it.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#7 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:35 PM

This sounds like a ton of fun. I would love to participate and spread the word about this to locals. I work in youth ministry, and I think this would make a great event. I'd like a little more certainty before I decide to mark this on the calendar though. Is getting this warehouse a "for sure" thing? I'd love to clue other local churches in.

#8 Cartaya

Cartaya

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:27 PM

I am down, I live in Saugus and I also have people I play with in SCUN and the Norwalk League and I am pretty sure I have other friends that would want to come.

Most of my blasters are between 150 and 240fps since I am a Short Pistol modder and to a little Nerf pistol, those speeds are great :)

I am willing to give any organizer a chance.

This sounds really cool.

--Cartaya

....Fear of a Nerf Planet!

#9 The Punisher

The Punisher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:32 AM

I am down as well. As I live in OC, I feel a strong need to attend. I hope this comes to fruition.

#10 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:52 PM

is the place air conditioned? this could be a lot of fun, but not if it turns into heatstroke fest 2k15. good job on the complimentary water though, thinking ahead.

trans as shit because fuck you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users