Photo

Nerf Supertak Centurion

Major Aesthetic Overhaul for the Centurion.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Nerfrocketeer

Nerfrocketeer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:47 PM

Posted Image

The Nerf Mega Centurion, also known as the MA3700, is a new long-range Nerf blaster that was released in Fall 2013. With looks similar to a Barret M82A3 or Barret M83 rifle, this blaster has a great intimidation factor in a Nerf war. But aside from looks, this toy's looks leave a lot to be desired. The red color on the shell of the blaster makes it extremely visible to other players-which is not always the best thing, and it is large and unwieldy in battle.

All of these problems render the blaster nearly useless in a Nerf war.

Here following is a list of instructions on how to SuperTak modify your Nerf Centurion into a high class covert Nerf rifle.

This guide covers:

-Camouflage and aesthetic mods
-Scope attachment
-Glow in the dark components
-Comfort grip

Step One: Materials

Posted Image

To Supertak mod your Centurion you will need the following items and supplies. Please note that many of these things are optional, and that you may choose what you want to add to your blaster.

You will need:

-A Nerf Mega Centurion
-Nerf Mega Darts
-Nerf Tactical Rail Attachment Mount
-Riflescope (real or airsoft)
-Carry Strap
-Camouflage supplies, such as artificial leaves, natural raffia, and twigs.
-Camouflage duct tape
-Black duct tape
-Scotch tape
-Electrical Tape
-Black Sugru
-Glow in the dark spray paint (Which can be obtained at crafts stores or on Amazon under the product name "Krylon Glowz"- we have no affiliation with these companies)
-Q-Tips (2-5 recommended)
-Hot glue
-Hot glue gun
-Ruler
-Scissors
-Screwdrivers for working with hot glue and dismantling the tactical rail mount.
-Hobby knife or switchblade for working with glue and tape.
-Pencil
-Pen

Step Two: Base Camo

Posted Image

Posted Image

Adding camouflage duct tape to the blaster will ensure that everything done afterwards is completely removable, as well as enhancing the overall hiddenness of the blaster.

To add camouflage to the Centurion, first apply a layer of camo duct tape all around the shell of the blaster. This requires care and tact, since you do not want to cover parts such as the magazine release, magazine well, handle, trigger, sling points, tactical rails, end of the barrel, sights, bolts and bolt tracks, or stock and stock Nerf shields.

For best results, cut small pieces of tape as needed and apply them carefully to the place intended. The best place to start taping is along the bolt tracks and tactical rails.

Step 3: 3D Camo

Posted Image

Posted Image

3D camouflage enhances the secrecy of the blaster by making it become something like the environment around it.

To apply 3D camouflage, gather up all of your artificial leaves, raffia, and twigs and separate them into piles, respectively. For the first layer, hot glue all fake leaves onto the shell in various places, making sure not to inhibit the functions of the blaster components mentioned in the previous step. Next, hot glue strips of raffia and twigs where desired. Make sure everything is secure and stable.

Since you are gluing these things onto the camouflage tape, you are creating a completely removable yet doubly-effective camouflage cover for the Centurion.

Step Four: Scope Attachment

Posted Image

Adding a scope to the Centurion helps improve aim and adds an intimidation factor to the blaster's looks.

Using the screwdrivers, dismantle your tactical rail mount until you are left with the single plastic piece shown. Next, attach your scope to the mount using generous yet careful amounts of hot glue. You may or may not need to adjust the width of the jaws on the scope for a better fit.

When glueing on the scope, make sure it is facing in the correct direction, with the end where you put your eye opposite the small tooth on the front of the tactical rail attachment.

For an added camouflage appearance, hot glue two artificial leaves to the top of the tactical rail mount as shown.

Step Five: Sugru Handle

Posted Image

Posted Image

Adding Sugru to the handle of the Centurion will make the blaster much more comfortable and easier to hold for long periods of time.

Simply open the package of Sugru and mold it onto the handle both above and below the index finger grip points, keeping the separation clear for looks and comfort. Allow the Sugru to cure for 24 hours before picking up the blaster by the handle.

Step Six: Making Important Parts Glow

Posted Image

Posted Image

Making important parts of the blaster glow will increase functionality in low-light conditions.

Start by spraying a small amount of paint into the top of the can, and dipping a cue-tip into it (to use like a paintbrush). Next, apply paint to parts of the blaster such as:

-Front of barrel
-Front sight
-Rear sight
-Bolts
-Trigger
-Magazine release button
-Back bottom corner of magazine
-Back of flashlight

Allow the paint to dry for at least 12 hours before handling the blaster.

Step Seven: Complete

Posted Image

Congratulations! You have successfully SuperTak modified your Nerf Centurion! All aspects of the blaster's performance should be improved, and the Centurion should be much more useful in the event of a Nerf war.

Have fun testing and battling! I'm sure that you will use your Centurion a lot more after this, so what are you waiting for? Go out there and feel the improvement!

MOD EDIT: USER HAS BEEN WARNED FOR NOT FOLLOWING MODIFICATION FORUM RULES. No suspension, because it looks like a discussion sort of came from it, but really? REALLY?

Edited by Gears, 03 April 2015 - 11:04 AM.

-NK

#2 Nerfrocketeer

Nerfrocketeer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

My modified Centurion has lasted for two years or so now, and it has served me very well in combat. I have actually seen enemy players walk through nearby areas without seeing the blaster at all, allowing me to get them. It works best in spring and fall.

Edited by Nerfrocketeer, 28 March 2015 - 04:31 PM.

-NK

#3 Number 1 nerf nut

Number 1 nerf nut

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:46 PM

looks cool I might have to do this to my Longstrike :D

1 Peter 2:24 "Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

Get Ready for Jesus, He is coming soon!

#4 BlasterHacker

BlasterHacker

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:47 AM

Not so sure about duct tape, since the temperature fluctuations around here would make it flex and warp...unless there's a nice thick clear coating that can seal it? That...would be awesome.

I LOVE the Kyrlon Glowz idea! I'll be buying some right. now.

Outstanding detail, pictures, and instruction. Very well done guide.

#5 Nerfrocketeer

Nerfrocketeer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:31 PM

looks cool I might have to do this to my Longstrike :D

Thanks! Let me know how it turns out!
-NK

#6 Nerfrocketeer

Nerfrocketeer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:46 PM

Not so sure about duct tape, since the temperature fluctuations around here would make it flex and warp...unless there's a nice thick clear coating that can seal it? That...would be awesome.

I LOVE the Kyrlon Glowz idea! I'll be buying some right. now.

Outstanding detail, pictures, and instruction. Very well done guide.

A clear coat could be a great idea! Also please feel free to let me know how your next project with the Krylon goes! Also thanks for saying this was a good guide; I was a little worried since it's my first post.
-NK

#7 BlasterHacker

BlasterHacker

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:57 PM

Bought this kind as recommended...but also noticed how many other Glow-in-the-dark paint options there were! Sprays, liquids, lots.

Can you do a glow test for us and share a pic? Maybe, leave it in a well lit room, or take it in the sun for 10 minutes, then put it in darkness and get a picture if possible?

I just ask because I'm 100% willing to experiment and report back on another glow product, also because I think I'd rather have a liquid I can paint on rather than a spray.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users