That was like a year ago. I have now gotten around to actually doing the mod.
To modify your Rapidstrike into a relatively smaller, slightly more powerful Rapidstrike pistol thingy, you will need the following.
-One (1) Rapidstrike Nerf Elite Blaster
-One (1) 8x AA holder (can get at radio shack for 2 bucks or so)
-Two (2) Alligator clips (or short lengths of wiring, paperclips could work in a pinch)
-A few (several) hot glue sticks
-Eight (8) AA batteries (0.75$ for 2 AAs, 1.5$ for a C, halves battery cost, doublish power)
-Something to cover areas exposed by cutting up the Rapidstrike (I used thin plastic from an old planner I had)
-Hot glue gun
Begin by removing your battery holder and cutting your Rapidstrike up. I cut mine so that plenty of screws still held it together.
Get rid of all those unnecessary stocks and locks and barrels.
(okay I didn't actually take out the lock because I wanted this to be doable by anyone, and I'm lazy)
Take your battery pack and check which sides are negative and positive (female is negative, male is positive. On blaster, the right is negative, left is positive)
Now for a way to hold those batteries!
Take the front section of your blaster, which you just chopped off, and take out the screws
Next pull the orange part off the blue (there are little blue catches, use a screw driver to push them about, then pull, should pop apart)
Cut off those little catch thingies. They get in the way.
Cut the stripy part away from the big part. We want the big part.
Cut the big part so it's flat, pretty much cut it like I did.
Now use your hot glue gun to glue this piece to the side of your blaster as shown (may be clearer in later pictures, refer to those)
Slap your batteries in there.
This next part is optional but makes a fugly blaster slightly less so.
Get some plastic or something and cut it to fit the holes there now are in your blaster.
Then glue them in place. Please don't get glue in the mechanical or electrical bits.
If you're fancy, drill some holes in the side of the remaining battery housing.
Then fit your alligator clips through there, clip them onto the terminals, remember which one each one is clipped on to.
Cover up that ugly hole in the front of your blaster with some stuff.
Glue your wiring in place if you're lazy. If you wanna make it look nice you can figure it out.
Clip it to the corresponding terminals on your battery pack.
Use some more stuff and some glue to secure your battery pack. DO NOT GLUE IT IN. That would just be silly.
Instead, make it a nice snug fit. The screw we didn't cut out in front will keep it from sliding forward, and you should be able to slide it out the back with a reasonable amount of force.
Yay. It's done. Any number of further cosmetic mods can be done, and there are a million ways to power your blaster, but this was the most material efficient one I could come up with.
Comparison to original sizish
Hope this helped some of you (especially those on a tool and money budget) to make a nice compact automatic blaster w/ minimal effort. We didn't even have to open the blaster up!
Edited by Isbjorn, 21 March 2015 - 08:47 PM.