Electronic BrakingI

5 replies to this topic

#1 Quack

Quack

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:41 PM

I'm doing my second rapidstrike overhaul and since I'm using Shark nsr 40's, I wanted to do electronic braking. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of what they do or something equally helpful?
When I get excited I eat rocks.

#2 MAV13

MAV13

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • State:Maryland

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:15 PM

On the flywheels? You'd just have to have the motors short to ground whenever you aren't pulling the rev trigger. The pusher motor is designed with motor braking to make sure it doesn't coast too far after firing. So if you look at a normal RS wiring diagram and examine how the wiring for the pusher works carefully, you should be able to apply that to the flywheels.

#3 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:24 PM

http://i.imgur.com/IbI1lG7.png

Courtesy of https://blastersmith...tch-upgrade-kit

Not sure if that brakes the flywheels but it does brake the pusher

Edited by jwasko, 19 March 2015 - 09:31 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#4 Gin

Gin

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:38 AM

J0D0CAST on youtube did motor braking in his rapidstrike Ak-47 build and he shows the electronics diagram. Hope this helps!
Leader of the Wrecking Crew, Student of Ninjitsu and Kendo, Avid Otaku, Metal head, Amateur engineer, and In my spare time I kill zombies. I'll sleep when I'm dead... 'Till then, There ain't no rest for the Wicked.

#5 Technician Gimmick

Technician Gimmick

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:56 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the stock switches in the RS can't handle the amperage requirements for SHARKS. They may work for a while, but you'll likely have failure in the near future.

BlasterSmiths have a kit for upgrading the switches.

Or if you are any good at electronics, you could look into driving MOSFETs with the stock switches, and driving the SHARKS with the MOSFETs. Motor braking is a little more difficult that method though.

Alternatively, you could probably find some cheap 12V relays on ebay that could handle the motors. Same concept for control, stock switches drive the relays, and relays drive the motors. Motor braking would probably be easier to wire going this route.

Good luck! - Gimmick

#6 Quack

Quack

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:42 PM

I have the Blastersmiths kit and I will finish wiring today. I'll see how it goes.
When I get excited I eat rocks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users