Jump to content


Mechanics that make Rotating Barrels work

Maverick, Strongarm,...Barricade, Hyperfire

2 replies to this topic

#1 BlasterHacker



  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • State:Virginia
  • Country:United States

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:29 AM

I've learned a fair amount about the mechanics that make Nerf drums rotate just by opening up my Maverick and Barricade, but I want to know more.

I'm sure there's a name for this type of mechanical system, with the two "gears" with "teeth" and sliding "tooth" that initiates the rotation, but I don't know what is it. Can someone enlighten me?

I want to make sure I'm clear on which parts of this mechanical system must be stationary, which parts must be free to rotate, which must be free to forward-backward movement in the assembly, etc.

If you can shed some light I'd really appreciate it.
  • 0

#2 T3kn0Hazard



  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Location:Playa Wastelands
  • State:Nevada
  • Country:United States

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:32 PM

So far I've heard many people call it a clutch.
  • 0

#3 jwasko



  • Moderators
  • 1,021 posts
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA
  • State:Pennsylvania
  • Country:United States

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:54 PM

So far I've heard many people call it a clutch.

The clutch is the additional part that allows you to grab the cylinder and rotate it without breaking the other mechanisms.

I think what actually makes it rotate when you pull the trigger or prime the blaster is called a cam. Specifically, a face cam. I'm not an engineer, though, so I could be way off.
  • 0

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users