Photo

Pump action longshot-maverick

8 replies to this topic

#1 mudkipforever

mudkipforever

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:17 AM

Ok so I am building a longshot with a maverick and firefly intergration( and a LOZ paint job!) BUT, I want to include a pump action grip for easier priming and balanced stress. I haven't seem this done anywhere. Any ideas??

#2 TKDonuts

TKDonuts

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:35 AM

If you were designing the pump action style grip to balance the stress then you could probably put the pump action grip on the top of the blaster (like a recon) instead of the bottom, as that would balance the prime of the blaster in the same manner as a pump action style grip, however it might make the longshot look a lot worse, and have a slightly lower rate of fire then a pump action grip.

#3 mudkipforever

mudkipforever

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:38 PM

I'm actually doing it more for a quicker and easier prime and higher R.O.F and the balance was a bonus. Great idea though, I wouldn't have thought of it

#4 Bro Juice

Bro Juice

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:52 PM

If you want a shotgun style grip, it would be really hard to do it with a maverick integration. I would recommend doing either one or the other. You could do something like a small airtank blaster integration and still use a shotgun grip.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

#5 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:58 PM

Unless the maverick is going on the top?

Gut the electronics, drill a hole in the shell, and attach a crank to the gear. Bam, crank-action stampede that doesn't require batteries, or even a trigger.

...(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

#6 ooontrprzes

ooontrprzes

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:38 PM

Or, build a surround around your maverick, and use your priming rod (the cross piece of your pump grip) to prime both blasters. If designed so the only maverick part it interacts with is the plunger rod (ie not moving a piece of the maverick at all if it's already primed), you should be able to prime once, readying both blasters, and continue to prime the longshot only w/ the same mechanism until the plunger rod (or, I guess, tube in the case of the reverse plunger maverick- is there a reason we're not using a strongarm here?) releases. Anyways, the priming slide on the stock maverick works much the same way, not interfering with any aspect of the blaster unless in it's "resting state", so theoretically all that would be needed is to reinforce (and possibly expand/custom build) the existing maverick slide and integrate an armature which follows back to the location of the original longshot priming handle. Actually a rather novel yet simple build. Make it and show me lots of pictures :angry:

Kidding. Sounds like fun, good luck!

Edited by ooontrprzes, 12 March 2015 - 07:40 PM.

The only thing worse than stupid is lazy, at least an idiot will try. And its usually entertaining.

#7 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:34 PM

You could also put the maverick on a recon barrel and still have a normal pump grip.

#8 Gin

Gin

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:54 AM

Or, build a surround around your maverick, and use your priming rod (the cross piece of your pump grip) to prime both blasters. If designed so the only maverick part it interacts with is the plunger rod (ie not moving a piece of the maverick at all if it's already primed), you should be able to prime once, readying both blasters, and continue to prime the longshot only w/ the same mechanism until the plunger rod (or, I guess, tube in the case of the reverse plunger maverick- is there a reason we're not using a strongarm here?) releases. Anyways, the priming slide on the stock maverick works much the same way, not interfering with any aspect of the blaster unless in it's "resting state", so theoretically all that would be needed is to reinforce (and possibly expand/custom build) the existing maverick slide and integrate an armature which follows back to the location of the original longshot priming handle. Actually a rather novel yet simple build. Make it and show me lots of pictures :angry:

Kidding. Sounds like fun, good luck!

Dang it! now you have me wanting to try this lol....
Leader of the Wrecking Crew, Student of Ninjitsu and Kendo, Avid Otaku, Metal head, Amateur engineer, and In my spare time I kill zombies. I'll sleep when I'm dead... 'Till then, There ain't no rest for the Wicked.

#9 mudkipforever

mudkipforever

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:50 PM

I decided to just do a longshot and strong arm,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users